• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Better Smart TV or Formuler on LG?

lemontree

Jun 13, 2020
Thinking of buying a LG CX Oled...

What do LG owners prefer, SmartTV app or just watch over a box like Formuler Z8, as have one lying around?

Thanks

Talush

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Reseller ID
Milaim
Thinking of buying a LG CX Oled...

What do LG owners prefer, SmartTV app or just watch over a box like Formuler Z8, as have one lying around?

Thanks
On LG TV you can’t install any VPN ...if you need in the future.. I prefer Formuler Z8 because you have more options and Rapid have own VPN that you can install on Formuler..!

Reactions: lemontree

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Thanks Talush!

I dont need a VPN, would that make any difference? Or you are still preferring the Z8 because of ... ?
If you don't need VPN, doesn't mean you don't need it tomorrow... you don't know whether your ISP is going to put speed limits or even blocks in place. So better be prepared for the future... But if you want to take LG TV, take it... and in case of ISP blocks or limitations are in place, you can still upgrade to an Android box later on. Amazon fire tv stick is also a "cheap" and good options.
And keep in mind, most TV's having limited cache/memory, and you might face problems with loading the entire channel list etc.

PTF94

Mar 11, 2021
I usually prefer to have the list on the TV, since that way it eliminates a middleman when it comes to image processing. However, be prepared to invest on a router for VPN support. I bought a "portable" mini-router to load up a VPN when necessary (it even features a switch that allows me to turn the VPN on or off when needed).

At the end of the day, see what solution fits better for your needs and budget. I rather prefer to have the TV handling the image processing directly and a second device for "sporadic" VPN usage, but others like the more advanced features of having something like a Formuler. There's no "one size fits all" solution.

pedalo

Mar 10, 2024
LG TV Store does not have any free app itv except SS, that is not bad but cannot do more...