• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Flash an android box & install another android iptv software?

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
I have a android tv box from local store after 3 yrs it stopped working. Based on my search its HD-5301B IPMacro

Can I flash this and install any other IPTV android version on it? the original manufacture disappeared.

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
You may be able to bring it back to life by flashing it with a new Rom/Firware. I would go to
Code:
https://f****************.com/
and start my search there for the right Rom for your box. Also check out XDA Developers they've got a lot of Roms and tools there. If you put the wrong Rom on it you could end up with your wifi and/or remote not working anymore all the way to bricking it. Have fun it will be a learning experience.

Reactions: stech786

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
You may be able to bring it back to life by flashing it with a new Rom/Firware. I would go to
Code:
https://f****************.com/
and start my search there for the right Rom for your box. Also check out XDA Developers they've got a lot of Roms and tools there. If you put the wrong Rom on it you could end up with your wifi and/or remote not working anymore all the way to bricking it. Have fun it will be a learning experience.
can you pm me URL again? The forum blocked the URL.

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
To the staff sorry didn't know about not posting links it won't happen again. Yes I'll pm you the link.

Reactions: stech786

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
Dude sorry about that. that site is bunk bro. the only thing I'm finding is that site and none of the download links work. Well there is an Arab on youtube trying to sell firmware but I wouldn't rust that for nothing. look the box over for any holes in the case. There should be a reset switch on it. Most boxes have the reset switch inside the A/V connection hole.you'll need a toothpick to depress it. It works just like reseting a router back to factory. Depress the switch then plug in the power for about 10 seconds. That may get it working again. If that dosen't work I don't know what to tell ya. That thing has an Hybrid Android/Linux OS on it. I've never seen that before. Anyway let me know how it turns out for you. I'm curious.

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
Dude sorry about that. that site is bunk bro. the only thing I'm finding is that site and none of the download links work. Well there is an Arab on youtube trying to sell firmware but I wouldn't rust that for nothing. look the box over for any holes in the case. There should be a reset switch on it. Most boxes have the reset switch inside the A/V connection hole.you'll need a toothpick to depress it. It works just like reseting a router back to factory. Depress the switch then plug in the power for about 10 seconds. That may get it working again. If that dosen't work I don't know what to tell ya. That thing has an Hybrid Android/Linux OS on it. I've never seen that before. Anyway let me know how it turns out for you. I'm curious.
If I reset back to factory setting, what will that do? Will I use current software installed on it?

or will it go back to original android version without that custom software I instthen I could install my own android?

I am willing to do this as for learning purposes. I enjoy jailbreaking, hack stuff

I saw those videos on YouTube on this box but didn’t know they were selling it. I will buy it

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
Resetting to factory will put it back to the state it was in when you opened the box. Any software that was put on by the manufacturer will be their.

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
Resetting to factory will put it back to the state it was in when you opened the box. Any software that was put on by the manufacturer will be their.
I can reset to factory setting by using the menu > settings > factory reset

what I want to do is remove their version of software and install android

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
I can reset to factory setting by using the menu > settings > factory reset

what I want to do is remove their version of software and install android
Oh From you first post it sounded like the box wouldn't boot up. Please explain what not working means. If you are dead set on trying to flash it find out what CPU it has in it and I'll try and find a ROM that may work. But if it doesn't work or it bricks your box I'm not responsible.

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
Oh From you first post it sounded like the box wouldn't boot up. Please explain what not working means. If you are dead set on trying to flash it find out what CPU it has in it and I'll try and find a ROM that may work. But if it doesn't work or it bricks your box I'm not responsible.
sorry for confusion.

box turns on fine. The issue is, since it had custom software installed to watch international channels. Not all channels are down so box is useless. I was hoping to remove their custom software and install android. With that at at least I can get Kodi or YouTube or any other android app to me use of the. Right now it’s useless

I won’t blame you for brick. I appreciate your help. I’m learning & like trying new things

thanks

Reactions: Hotrod

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
I was able to find some info about your box here is the meaning full specs pertaining to flashing it.
CPU: RT6856 MediaTek SoC 700Mhz MIPS
I'm sorry but I was unable to find a flash app for this brand of chip much less a ROM for it.

This doesn't necessarily mean that there is no hope. Go into the settings and see if you can find the Build#. If you can click it about 7 or 8 times in a row. On a normal Android device this will turn on delovolper mode. Which would give you a developer menu that lets you turn on debugging. Once debugging is on you should be able to sideload apps to the box. But with this hybrid OS I don't know if it will let you do it but it worth a shot.

There is one more thought that comes to mind. If the factory IPTV app had you log in with an m3u link or Xtreme Codes login I'm sure one of the great resellers here would be happy to give you a free trial. Many services have an exclusive app for there service the uses one of those two methods of login.

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
I was able to find some info about your box here is the meaning full specs pertaining to flashing it.
CPU: RT6856 MediaTek SoC 700Mhz MIPS
I'm sorry but I was unable to find a flash app for this brand of chip much less a ROM for it.

This doesn't necessarily mean that there is no hope. Go into the settings and see if you can find the Build#. If you can click it about 7 or 8 times in a row. On a normal Android device this will turn on delovolper mode. Which would give you a developer menu that lets you turn on debugging. Once debugging is on you should be able to sideload apps to the box. But with this hybrid OS I don't know if it will let you do it but it worth a shot.

There is one more thought that comes to mind. If the factory IPTV app had you log in with an m3u link or Xtreme Codes login I'm sure one of the great resellers here would be happy to give you a free trial. Many services have an exclusive app for there service the uses one of those two methods of login.
i went into settings & couldn’t find any Build option. Here is setting screen I have

Attachments

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
No, I paid at once at local store. They took my S/N, & gave me 1 he service. For past 5-6 years it worked fine

I’m sure in background, they had this custom iptv app installed and allowed channels to be streamed

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
I wish I could help more. I did quite a bit of research and there is very little info out there for that box. It might be time to do what I did. I got an Nividia Shield Pro and have been completely happy with it. I still keep a cheap Transpeed Ultra 8k box connected to my PC monitor to tinker with. I put a custom ROM on it called Slimbox which is a modified Android TV OS. I mostly use it to test apps out and try new things to see if I can make things work that weren't exactly meant to. Good Luck!

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
I wish I could help more. I did quite a bit of research and there is very little info out there for that box. It might be time to do what I did. I got an Nividia Shield Pro and have been completely happy with it. I still keep a cheap Transpeed Ultra 8k box connected to my PC monitor to tinker with. I put a custom ROM on it called Slimbox which is a modified Android TV OS. I mostly use it to test apps out and try new things to see if I can make things work that weren't exactly meant to. Good Luck!
thanks,

I have apple TV, I will just get iPTV service

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
For a firmware to work it will #1 it must have to be meant for the same SoC or CPU. In your case the CPU is a RT6856. But trust me there is more that goes into it that just the CPU. If the new firmware doesn't support your wifi chip you will lose wifi and if it doesn't have the right remote.cfg files built into your factory remote will cease to work. Worst case it will brick it. I've got a TranSpeed 8K Ultra-HD box with the Amlogic S905X3 CPU which is a pretty common CPU for TV boxes. I tried many firmwares on it some bricked it but most just caused the wifi and remote to stop working. I did find the SlimBox firmware which is great. I got lucky. I've looked and looked for you and have yet to find a firmware for your CPU much less that would work for your box.

I'd chalk it up as a learning experience never ever buy a box that is locked to one provider and try and buy items that are main stream. But is there no way you can sideload APK's to it?

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
For a firmware to work it will #1 it must have to be meant for the same SoC or CPU. In your case the CPU is a RT6856. But trust me there is more that goes into it that just the CPU. If the new firmware doesn't support your wifi chip you will lose wifi and if it doesn't have the right remote.cfg files built into your factory remote will cease to work. Worst case it will brick it. I've got a TranSpeed 8K Ultra-HD box with the Amlogic S905X3 CPU which is a pretty common CPU for TV boxes. I tried many firmwares on it some bricked it but most just caused the wifi and remote to stop working. I did find the SlimBox firmware which is great. I got lucky. I've looked and looked for you and have yet to find a firmware for your CPU much less that would work for your box.

I'd chalk it up as a learning experience never ever buy a box that is locked to one provider and try and buy items that are main stream. But is there no way you can sideload APK's to it?
thanks,

I did more searching, here is what i found

check my post here