• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

GSE SMART IPTV on a ChromeBook

ChrisKh

Jun 7, 2019
Hi,
I have a ChromeBook and have downloaded GSE Smart IPTV in the computer's Play Store. When i open the GSE app in the ChromeBook, i put in the M3U link. The channels arrive, but nothing is played. I've gone through a lot of channels to see if the channels are wrong, but there's nothing wrong with them. They are there, they just refuse to be played. I have downloaded GSE Smart IPTV Pro on my MacBook Air, and the channels work on it, so its not the M3U link that is failing, its the GSE app. What to do? I think i might have to modify something on settings. " pop up messages popped up on the screen as i was using GSE. See the messages on 2 attached pictures. What does the messages means?

Attachments

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hi,
I have a ChromeBook and have downloaded GSE Smart IPTV in the computer's Play Store. When i open the GSE app in the ChromeBook, i put in the M3U link. The channels arrive, but nothing is played. I've gone through a lot of channels to see if the channels are wrong, but there's nothing wrong with them. They are there, they just refuse to be played. I have downloaded GSE Smart IPTV Pro on my MacBook Air, and the channels work on it, so its not the M3U link that is failing, its the GSE app. What to do? I think i might have to modify something on settings. " pop up messages popped up on the screen as i was using GSE. See the messages on 2 attached pictures. What does the messages means?
looks like the mpegts codec is missing. =TS
or try to install vlc player on your chromebook, maybe it brings the codec?
can you try to use the HLS variant of your m3u ? change the ending of your m3u link from =ts to =m3u8 and see if its working then ?

by the way, you said chromebook but on screenshot is a message with chromecast ? if you use chromecast, read this please:

ChrisKh

Jun 7, 2019
looks like the mpegts codec is missing. =TS
or try to install vlc player on your chromebook, maybe it brings the codec?
can you try to use the HLS variant of your m3u ? change the ending of your m3u link from =ts to =m3u8 and see if its working then ?

by the way, you said chromebook but on screenshot is a message with chromecast ? if you use chromecast, read this please:
Hey!
Thank you for checking out my message, i appreciate it.
I will try to download VLC, it might bring some improvements. However, i dont know that all those technical words means. What is mpegts codec? HLS?
Yes, i dont know why it says anything with Chromecast. I dont have Chromecast, its lying lol.

I will also try to change the ending of my m3u link from ts to m3u8 as well.

Again, thanks for the support! I'll update yo once i tried your suggestion (later on this day)

Best wishes

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hey!
Thank you for checking out my message, i appreciate it.
I will try to download VLC, it might bring some improvements. However, i dont know that all those technical words means. What is mpegts codec? HLS?
Yes, i dont know why it says anything with Chromecast. I dont have Chromecast, its lying lol.

I will also try to change the ending of my m3u link from ts to m3u8 as well.

Again, thanks for the support! I'll update yo once i tried your suggestion (later on this day)

Best wishes
regarding MPEGTS (=ts) and HLS (=m3u8), please see this:
maybe you get the error fixed by just using the HLS variant of your m3u file, just give it a try and let us know if its working then ?

ChrisKh

Jun 7, 2019
regarding MPEGTS (=ts) and HLS (=m3u8), please see this:
maybe you get the error fixed by just using the HLS variant of your m3u file, just give it a try and let us know if its working then ?
I tried changing the end of the m3u link from ts to m3u8, (HLS version) but it didn't work.
Then i downloaded VLC, and tried to add the m3u link on there to play it from VLC (to warm it up or activate it) but the m3u link refused to connect to VLC. You can drag the m3u link to VLC, or you could open VLC and open up the m3u link from there, it didn't work. This is really weird. I feel like it must be the fact that im using a ChromeBook, what do you think?