• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Infomir stop 2 Formuler distributers in Germany

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
Just some news... Infomir were granted preliminary injunctions against two distributors selling Formuler set-top boxes in Germany.
The contested Formuler devices, among other things, emulated the MAC addresses of Infomir’s MAG set-top boxes. The Court prohibited the distributors from selling Formuler and other devices that emulated Infomir’s MAG set-top boxes.

srale

Reseller
Oct 30, 2017
NL
Reseller ID
Srale
So as i understand Infomir hold the patent/copyright to connection through MAC adres? WTF, Or am i not understanding this news?

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
The Formuler box emulates the MAC addresses of the Mag boxes. The court has stopped the distribution of Formuler and OTHER devices that emulate Infomir´s boxes.

I´d guess that as the injuction is stopping distribution only in Germany as far as i´m aware the Formuler boxes will still be available to buy elsewhere..
I don´t know what other boxes were mentioned.

The emulation allowed the Formuler and other boxes to use the Stalker Middelware and Ministra TV platform.

Infomir are now looking at other boxes and have written that they will not stop and are looking at other ways to protect its rights.