• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

IPTV Able to watch all countries except for any USA channels

Damoedge

Mar 4, 2021
Hi all,

I have an android TV with an IPTV app directly on the TV. The main channels that i would watch from my IPTV subscriber are the Irish, UK and USA channels. All was working fine for the last 2 years until about a week ago. One evening last week i changed channel to USA movies which i always do late evening. No USA movie channel or any channel from USA would not play at all just showing the constant buffering screen. All other channels from all other countries are working fine except for USA.

I thought that maybe its my ISP so i put on my VPN and all USA channels started working again. I don't like using the VPN as i have a Philips Amblight TV with Hue bulbs and strips and they wont work through the VPN on the TV.

I have discussed this issue with my IPTV provider but he can not figure it out at all as there is no problem his side. He stated that my Sub is coming from the one server only.

Now my question is this:

How can my ISP know to block only USA channels and no other channels from other countries?

Is there other data included in the network stream that is allowing my ISP to block it? Like meta data?

Any help at all on this would be grateful as it is a baffling problem.

Thanks all,
D

maragfct

Jan 25, 2017
I have similar issue with one of my provider. i can't watch some channels but not a single one US

maragfct

Jan 25, 2017
the usual stuff, : use VPN , providers is blocking it,

btw I have 3 different providers, 1 is blocking, it 2 not

Damoedge

Mar 4, 2021
Well I'll tell you my story and I hope lots of people and providers read this...

I had this problem for 2 weeks described in my op above where all country channels were working great except for any USA channel.

I was constantly in contact (direct messages) with my IPTV provider and all I got from him was "USA channels are working fine on my side, if I can't replicate the issue I can't fix it" I was telling him what the issue was for 2 weeks but he did nothing. I researched a lot about this and I decided to buy a cheap 24 hour sub from China and hey presto the USA channels worked great! I also put my VPN directly on my router and with or without the VPN the USA channels would not work from my provider. I told him this and I also told him I would ask other people on his main community chat channel all about this... He wasn't happy about that...I put it to him if the problem is not on your side or your source or balancing server or your delivery method to my side then how come a cheap China sub works for me? How come USA channels will not work for me with or without a VPN??....30 minutes later all my USA channels were back to normal and working ok!

The moral of this story is this... If you as a customer has a gut feeling that the IPTV issue is on the side of the provider then it is! They are a lot more variables on their side that can go wrong that will break there service to you, like there source, servers, balancing, hardware, even there own internet connection bandwidth. The only main variable on the customer side that can go wrong is the ISP. Providers will fill you with crap... Why? Because I'm my opinion they get greedy... They take on more customers than their hardware can handle, it's all a balancing act... As soon as my USA channels were fixed or got extra bandwidth back 2 countries channels that I don't use went down... Surprise surprise....