• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

IPTVX app to watch IPTV on AppleTV [+ REDEEM CODES]

miosgit

May 16, 2019
Hello everybody,
I just registered to this community.

I'm the developer of IPTVX and app which went out in the store 1.5 months ago and that already received 13 updates.

The app is new and although I have several users that have completely made the transition from other apps to IPTVX, I'm trying to get IPTV users know it.

In this spirit I wanted to offer 4 redeem codes to download the app for free!
Once a code is used cannot be re-used from someone else, so hurry up :)

IPTVX has a friendly interface to allow users consume their content in the most easy way, and it has features that other apps don't have.
Plus there's a long roadmap I'm working on on daily basis to bring much more features.
So if you are worried about anything just ping me to verify if something is coming soon (probably is).

And here we go the redeem codes:

TALAF6L47FNK
WAWXLPLMN6R7
NWXHE63H4JR4
94E6LJ3WRPKP

Look for "Redeem code on Apple TV" on Google if you don't know how to do.

Best luck for the codes and I hope you'll give a try to IPTVX.

Thank you all!

Attachments

leeaf

Nov 6, 2018
Looks good from the screenshots! Will give it a try when I’m back home on sunday. Any plans on building an interface for iPhone/iPad aswell? That what I’m missing whit many of got competitors. To use the “same” app cross devices. I really hate all the options that I’ve tried on iOS.. They are so bad..

miosgit

May 16, 2019
Hello @leeaf and thank you.

Currently I'm 100% focused on implementing lot of features on AppleTV. But at some point I don't exclude to make it available for iOS.
There is so much I want to do on AppleTV that bringing it to another device will have to wait a bit.

How much time do you spend watching IPTV on AppleTV compared to other devices?

Thanks!

Reactions: jubetubesrb

leeaf

Nov 6, 2018
I totally understand you. iOS is just a small parentheses, but it would be nice to have a streamlined experience between Apple TV and iOS.. I would say that 90% of the time at least, is Apple TV of my usage. So of course that’s the most important thing.. But today I have a great solution for ATV in iPlayTV, but none for iOS. Therefore I ask about your plans..

Anyway, I’ll give your app a try in a couple of days. It sure looks like it has potential!

miosgit

May 16, 2019
I totally understand you. iOS is just a small parentheses, but it would be nice to have a streamlined experience between Apple TV and iOS.. I would say that 90% of the time at least, is Apple TV of my usage. So of course that’s the most important thing.. But today I have a great solution for ATV in iPlayTV, but none for iOS. Therefore I ask about your plans..

Anyway, I’ll give your app a try in a couple of days. It sure looks like it has potential!
I understand.
My first goal is to give users a better experience than other apps.
I’ve seen that one and to be honest there are many things I choose to do differently to offer a better experience.
Also I accept and address feedbacks quickly.

iOS is a smaller market for this yes, but it’s in my thoughts and at some point once I’ll cover the big features I’m working on for Apple TV I’ll consider to expand it to other devices.

Thanks!

leeaf

Nov 6, 2018
I don’t know any of your planned features, but maybe I can spare you some work. Most of the IPTV subscriptions are limited to one stream at the time. It’s possible to watch simultaneously, but you will get banned IF you do.

So features like ”picture in picture” and preview of a channel while watching another, won’t work. People aren’t aloud to use it.

In my opinion, what you should focus on is:

Functional EPG. Preferably the opportunity to have multiple sources at the same time. One for Sweden, one for UK and so on.

Subtitles. On the regular live channels of course. But also on the VOD Movies. It would be great if you can implement the possibility to search and add subs from opensubtitles.org or something..

Simple and neat GUI. From the Screenshots it looks like you nailing this!

Reactions: ObiWan Kenobi

miosgit

May 16, 2019
Hello,

- Functional EPG: currently IPTVX accept 1 source and if you use Xstream IPTVX will find EPG automatically.
Having multiple sources might be a good idea. It wasn't in my roadmap but I'll add it now, thanks!

- Subtitles: I've already subscribed to that service and it's my next milestone after the big dedicated support for TV Series I'm working on (preview attached):

This will have title and description per episode and a dedicated keep watching feature for TV series. I don't want to add other details just stay tuned!
Official support link can be found at https://www.reddit.com/r/iptvx

Thanks!

Andrewkparker

Jun 24, 2016
i have been using your app on ATV, i have not had any issues with it, i like the layout and epg have been working great buy i have just a quick question on your app. when adding favorites is there a way to save favorites in a specific order, your program seems to rearrange the saved channels in a different order than what i had saved them in. sorry i like to have my channels in a specific order, also would it be possible to have more than one favorite channel list.

miosgit

May 16, 2019
i have been using your app on ATV, i have not had any issues with it, i like the layout and epg have been working great buy i have just a quick question on your app. when adding favorites is there a way to save favorites in a specific order, your program seems to rearrange the saved channels in a different order than what i had saved them in. sorry i like to have my channels in a specific order, also would it be possible to have more than one favorite channel list.
Hello Andrewkparker,
Thanks to be a IPTVX!

Favorites custom order is in my roadmap. As you can imagine isn’t the top priority but I’ll get there too :)

jarff

Dec 13, 2018
All codes have been redeemed already. Thanks, though! I'm a big fan of iPlayTV but look forward to seeing your progress on this - competition can only be a good thing

Reactions: miosgit and PapaQ

Sebasje

Mar 4, 2019
is a good app you made ,but a little bit to much focus on the movies and not on iptv channels

also a better movie cover search ,half of the movies have no cover at all
swipe to left or right to select a other channel in iptv channel when playing (like iplaytv) ,if you go a little more that way
also what i like is my favorite channels on AppleTV's home screen
i like your idea,but it is far from done

miosgit

May 16, 2019
is a good app you made ,but a little bit to much focus on the movies and not on iptv channels

also a better movie cover search ,half of the movies have no cover at all
swipe to left or right to select a other channel in iptv channel when playing (like iplaytv) ,if you go a little more that way
also what i like is my favorite channels on AppleTV's home screen
i like your idea,but it is far from done
Hello,

- weird that you don’t see many covers, it might be because your titles are “dirty”. In version 2.2.4 which will come out after the one in pending I improved the cleaning title method. However I see usually all covers and this is the first report about this.

- swipe on player exists. You can pull out menu from top and right sides. Can you try again? Are you using an Apple TV remote controller?

- favorite and keep watching on the top shelf is in roadmap.

Thanks.

Sebasje

Mar 4, 2019
oke i installed the app again

not all covers are loading (multisubs covers,christmas,cartoon multisubs,imdb top 250,not all from 4k movies,)
that clicking for on demand ,live and search is bad (must be click menu button ,select above option,like live then it must be closing like within 2 sec or so)
please add favorite channels in pulldown top where live and search is
when playing live tv pulldown top menu is slow i must swip more then once....and please add subtitle selection to that menu
i also dont know if i can change audio from the live channel in your app
i miss the appletv homescreen top self icons for favorite or last seeing movie,last seeing livetv
miss also in your app the settings menu (like iplaytv) we iptv users want options so we cant select or not select what we want ,simple swipe, great looking interface(not all clicking and so on) thats why many poeple like iplaytv
also load m3u file from pc
maybe a option when the app starts up that it go to the movie section or live channels

what i still want is that you can change the m3u channel line from the pc or add custom icons and so on

a little bit a mix of iplaytv and gse smart iptv

i have the appletv 4k 64gb

what i can see it still not done yet (but great work)
i go back to iplaytv (try it yourself then you know what i mean)

miosgit

May 16, 2019
Hello @Sebasje,
thank you for your feedback!
Let me go over it so I can answer well step by step:

> not all covers are loading (multisubs covers,christmas,cartoon multisubs,imdb top 250,not all from 4k movies,)
thanks for reporting this, many title are "dirty" and I always try to find new edge cases to better clean the title. I already handled the "4k" word that wasn't being cleaned, it will be out with version 2.2.4. I will insert all the cases you wrote above too.
Regarding the image you posted, you see the cover repeated because those are all episodes of a TV Show, but if you check above i'm working on dedicated support for TV Shows (there's a screenshot above).

> that clicking for on demand ,live and search is bad (must be click menu button ,select above option,like live then it must be closing like within 2 sec or so)
This is the standard Apple Tab Bar Controller behavior. You can tap menu or swipe to go on tab bar and then you can just swipe on the category you want. In any case you will have to move your finger on the controller to select your channel and the tabbar will disappear. However if you keep the focus on tabbar it won't disappear because the system cannot force you to focus on something else. This is Apple tvOS standard behaviors we cannot change unless a developer choose to not use the tabbar.

> please add favorite channels in pulldown top where live and search is
This isn't something planned for this app: favorites channels are separated and you can find them in VOD and in LIVE as first category. VOD have also an extra category called KEEP WATCHING which will start playing a movie from were you left.

> when playing live tv pulldown top menu is slow i must swipe more then once
I will increase sensibility then, thanks!

> please add subtitle selection to that menu
Subtitles are in roadmap and will be the next to be implemented after TV series dedicated support, thanks!

> i also dont know if i can change audio from the live channel in your app
YES, every channel that has a audio tracks will allow you to change it. Pull out the top menu when you are watching something to see if there are multiple audio tracks.

> i miss the appletv homescreen top self icons for favorite or last seeing movie,last seeing livetv
It's in roadmap: it will show keep watching and favorites, thanks!

> miss also in your app the settings menu
Setting page is in roadmap but not at the top of it. You can still change some setting or force reload of playlist or EPG long-pressing on the playlist name;

> what i still want is that you can change the m3u channel line from the pc or add custom icons and so on
I will put this in my list but with lower priority.

> iplaytv (try it yourself then you know what i mean)
I tried it and I didn't like it: few issues:
1. When loading the playlist doesn't show me the progress and I don't know how much I have to wait or if it's just stuck;
2. The interface obbligate me to tap on every single film to check basic info;
3. Live channels list don't show EPG but I need to go on another tab to see what's playing on a channel.
4. Live channels can have the same logo sometime but the channel have a different title (ie. channel HD, channel FHD, or Provider Soccer 1, Provider Soccer 2, etc.): to see the title and understand what channel I have to select I have to pass over channel by channel.
5. Live Video preview is shown only while scrolling channels on player and not in the main list.
6. There's not auto epg finder;
7. There's not keep watching feature;
8. There's not channel resolution (HD, 4K, etc) but only the video size;
9. Info channel in player are bad and not helpful for the average user;
10. Aspect ratio is bugged (ie. doesn't switch back once changed);
11. Scrolling through channel isn't smooth;
12. Others.

Clearly iPlayTV has 2-3 features in more I'm working on in IPTVX but IPTVX has others. However I'm working on those 2-3 missing features and I'll make them better. For example the series tv support on iPlayTV open a list of episodes with no info and no progress tracking. IPTVX will open a list of episodes with progress tracking and information PER EPISODE.
IPTVX will also have subtitles after this, and other improvements like top shelf list (apple tv top banner list) etc.

At this step, I already prefer IPTVX to iPlayTV but this is subjective. I have users that switched to IPTVX from other apps and other like you that are not ready yet or will never be. That's totally fine. Many things are just preferences (ie your request to put favorites on the top bar). I'll keep working on IPTVX until when it will have every single small features I have on my list (and it's very long).
Also consider I have release 14 versions in only 1.5 months IPTVX is in the store. So I suggest you to check back the app weekly! :)

Thanks again for your feedback, appreciated!

Reactions: Sebasje

Sebasje

Mar 4, 2019
Hello @Sebasje,
thank you for your feedback!
Let me go over it so I can answer well step by step:

> not all covers are loading (multisubs covers,christmas,cartoon multisubs,imdb top 250,not all from 4k movies,)
thanks for reporting this, many title are "dirty" and I always try to find new edge cases to better clean the title. I already handled the "4k" word that wasn't being cleaned, it will be out with version 2.2.4. I will insert all the cases you wrote above too.
Regarding the image you posted, you see the cover repeated because those are all episodes of a TV Show, but if you check above i'm working on dedicated support for TV Shows (there's a screenshot above).

> that clicking for on demand ,live and search is bad (must be click menu button ,select above option,like live then it must be closing like within 2 sec or so)
This is the standard Apple Tab Bar Controller behavior. You can tap menu or swipe to go on tab bar and then you can just swipe on the category you want. In any case you will have to move your finger on the controller to select your channel and the tabbar will disappear. However if you keep the focus on tabbar it won't disappear because the system cannot force you to focus on something else. This is Apple tvOS standard behaviors we cannot change unless a developer choose to not use the tabbar.

> please add favorite channels in pulldown top where live and search is
This isn't something planned for this app: favorites channels are separated and you can find them in VOD and in LIVE as first category. VOD have also an extra category called KEEP WATCHING which will start playing a movie from were you left.

> when playing live tv pulldown top menu is slow i must swipe more then once
I will increase sensibility then, thanks!

> please add subtitle selection to that menu
Subtitles are in roadmap and will be the next to be implemented after TV series dedicated support, thanks!

> i also dont know if i can change audio from the live channel in your app
YES, every channel that has a audio tracks will allow you to change it. Pull out the top menu when you are watching something to see if there are multiple audio tracks.

> i miss the appletv homescreen top self icons for favorite or last seeing movie,last seeing livetv
It's in roadmap: it will show keep watching and favorites, thanks!

> miss also in your app the settings menu
Setting page is in roadmap but not at the top of it. You can still change some setting or force reload of playlist or EPG long-pressing on the playlist name;

> what i still want is that you can change the m3u channel line from the pc or add custom icons and so on
I will put this in my list but with lower priority.

> iplaytv (try it yourself then you know what i mean)
I tried it and I didn't like it: few issues:
1. When loading the playlist doesn't show me the progress and I don't know how much I have to wait or if it's just stuck;
2. The interface obbligate me to tap on every single film to check basic info;
3. Live channels list don't show EPG but I need to go on another tab to see what's playing on a channel.
4. Live channels can have the same logo sometime but the channel have a different title (ie. channel HD, channel FHD, or Provider Soccer 1, Provider Soccer 2, etc.): to see the title and understand what channel I have to select I have to pass over channel by channel.
5. Live Video preview is shown only while scrolling channels on player and not in the main list.
6. There's not auto epg finder;
7. There's not keep watching feature;
8. There's not channel resolution (HD, 4K, etc) but only the video size;
9. Info channel in player are bad and not helpful for the average user;
10. Aspect ratio is bugged (ie. doesn't switch back once changed);
11. Scrolling through channel isn't smooth;
12. Others.

Clearly iPlayTV has 2-3 features in more I'm working on in IPTVX but IPTVX has others. However I'm working on those 2-3 missing features and I'll make them better. For example the series tv support on iPlayTV open a list of episodes with no info and no progress tracking. IPTVX will open a list of episodes with progress tracking and information PER EPISODE.
IPTVX will also have subtitles after this, and other improvements like top shelf list (apple tv top banner list) etc.

At this step, I already prefer IPTVX to iPlayTV but this is subjective. I have users that switched to IPTVX from other apps and other like you that are not ready yet or will never be. That's totally fine. Many things are just preferences (ie your request to put favorites on the top bar). I'll keep working on IPTVX until when it will have every single small features I have on my list (and it's very long).
Also consider I have release 14 versions in only 1.5 months IPTVX is in the store. So I suggest you to check back the app weekly! :)

Thanks again for your feedback, appreciated!
great thanks for your quick response
but we will see what your app brings
i really hope you will have the number 1 app of the appletv

and please listen to the iptv people what they want ,and how they want it
and not always how the developer want it...

i think if you have the right things inplanted ,i will switch to your app
but please add favorite live in menu with search and live
you know it is for playin live tv not playing movie
priority live tv not movie (thats its all about it,people take a subscription for livetv ,not for live movies thats a bonus)
your app if you start it up,it goes right to the movie section ,not a good idea
look at iplay tv if you start it up ,it goes to the section you left off,and look at the top menu
channels ,movie,series,favorite,settings ,the overlay is really good the swipping and so on (that is what people want)
and is is focus on livetv not movies or series

i love your idea really...mmmmmmmit is hard to explain what your app is missing ,in words

thanks .......i leave it on my apple tv ,so i can see when it is updated

oke i will see what the app brings in a week or so

thanks for all the info ,and all the hard work

Sebasje

Mar 4, 2019
oke last more thing

the movie section ,is the last add movie added in the the beginning of the list ,or must i scroll all the way back (that would be a bummer)
or os there a option for sorted movies last added or newest

Sebasje

Mar 4, 2019
hihi
one more thing
when playing a channel i want to see info like resolution enz...