• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Issue activating the IPTV on my LG OLED65E8

alexaa198677

Dec 4, 2020
Hi,

I know that this issue has been discussed already several times but I cannot find any specific info about my TV model so here I am.

When trying to activate my device on siptv.app SLASH activation I get the message INCORRECT MAC for both the wifi-related and the cable-related Mac addresses of my tv.

So I am wondering if maybe it's the case that that particular model is just not supported?

The model is OLED65E8 by LG.

I downloaded the iptv app from the LG store, no weird tweaking and anything, so in theory it should work.

Has anybody had any experience with this particular model so far?

Thanks in advance for all the help you can give me.

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hi,

I know that this issue has been discussed already several times but I cannot find any specific info about my TV model so here I am.

When trying to activate my device on siptv.app SLASH activation I get the message INCORRECT MAC for both the wifi-related and the cable-related Mac addresses of my tv.

So I am wondering if maybe it's the case that that particular model is just not supported?

I downloaded the iptv app from the LG store, no weird tweaking and anything, so in theory it should work.

When did you open the app on your tv the first time ? It's longer time ago, more than 7 days ? If yes, your 7 day free trial period of this app is over, you would need to buy the app once per device 5,49 eur, once paid via apps website, you should be able to link your playlist again.

Geeks

Jul 1, 2020
Hi,

I remember there being some issue with the LG 2018 / Q1 2019 shipped models, that the HWid mac reported was not the correct one shown to the Gui on the LG software, thus not the real mac that can be activated, I did a factory reset of the TV, then reinstalled Smart IPTV from LG app store, got the correct SOFT id mac via the app, prior to connecting or putting any other of the LG apps online, then re-add your m3u url to Smart IPTV, then power your LG down, unplugging the router for about 2 mins, switch it back on, start the app, job done, I also did this on about 4 other LG's that did not work and same with Smart STB app, any other LG or Samsung TV's it will not work with, just use a $20 Firestick, when adding the m3u url for your provider on Smart IPTV site, uncheck the "detect epg" box and check the "save online" box if after restarting the LG, it is still dog slow to load the list up.