• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

MAG 254, black screen when trying to play an m3u list

nico_ar

Apr 15, 2022
Hi
I have a DVB-C to IP server, VBox TV Gateway for Cable, XTi 3452, that I use to stream live TV in my local network. The server generates an m3u list I use to load on a desktop client using VLC Media player. As I wanted to use a stand alone device, I decided for MAG254. I enabled LAN upnp on the MAG, I loaded the m3u file on an USB stick and I followed the steps described on this forum.
The channel list was loaded but the MAG displayed black screen on every channel. It displayed just briefly audio stream information, that is all.
The MAG Box was used together with a portal. I deleted any data related to that portal. However, even using a portal you should be allowed to stream home media, isn't it? However I can play any other video content stored on the devices (NAS storage, PC) attached to my local network , using upnp.
Does anybody know what is all about? I intend to buy a better box, 520 maybe, but I am wondering if these boxes can really play my m3u files...
Unfortunately, I cannot post large attachments (screenshots and a video) as the zip file exceeds the allowed limit of this server. I had to remove all the links, also because it was not allowed... I will attach just the m3u file.
Thank you very much for any help!