• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Markjuh

Aug 29, 2017
@ Quimic and others,

Maybe you can provide me some support also, I have the same issues as mentioned by Igorhabischt. But when I change the link to the "m3u8" extention or even the "hls" extention I get an notification with "Cannot connect!" on the bottom right of the Mag254 screen. Can this be because of my iptv provider (hiptv) doesn't support this link extention? When I check the link on functionality on my pc the link with the altered extention does provide me the downloadable file like it does with the "ts" extention.

Please advise I don't get it up and running and as mentioned before only the VOD is viewable/functional without lag.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction or even the better the solution.

Kind regards,
Markjuh

Quimic

Reseller
Dec 7, 2016
Switzerland
Reseller ID
Quimic
Hello Markjuh,

Well it should work perfectly, but as you said it looks like you are doing things correctly. Send me your link in PM so that i can open it wih notepad and check it's content.

Cheers,
Quimic

Quimic

Reseller
Dec 7, 2016
Switzerland
Reseller ID
Quimic
@ Quimic and others,

Maybe you can provide me some support also, I have the same issues as mentioned by Igorhabischt. But when I change the link to the "m3u8" extention or even the "hls" extention I get an notification with "Cannot connect!" on the bottom right of the Mag254 screen. Can this be because of my iptv provider (hiptv) doesn't support this link extention? When I check the link on functionality on my pc the link with the altered extention does provide me the downloadable file like it does with the "ts" extention.

Please advise I don't get it up and running and as mentioned before only the VOD is viewable/functional without lag.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction or even the better the solution.

Kind regards,
Markjuh
I just compared the files and it is all ok with your file. But while playing your link with VLC i noticed that it only works with output=ts while Rapid's work with both ts and m3u8. So the problem is on your provider, you should ask them if they support the hls output and if they can fix the issue.

VOD works, because it is another extension. The output only changes the extension for live streaming.

I hope this helps you and others :)

Markjuh

Aug 29, 2017
Thank you for your quick reply, I will contact my IPTV provider if they can assist me further to get it up and running!!

Thank you, much appreciated!

Reactions: Quimic

snoddas10

Apr 25, 2017
I have a problem.When starting the magbox (Mag254/w2),after portal loading is finished,it can take about 15 minutes before i can scroll the channels,and takes long time before i can see a channel,can take about 15-20 minutes.
My internet connection speed is 100/100Mbit.And i use wired connection.
Any suggestions?

Regards

smartart

Sep 26, 2017
Reseller ID
smartart
Do everyone know a reason wha it dont works?
All other channels on other groups work correctly?

pcarmody

Oct 17, 2017
Hello everyone,\My audio has completely gone on my MAG254. I have troubleshot it as much as I can but I believe that a hard reset will be the best course of action. However, when I reset it in the BIOS menu, all 3 of the possibilities result in the "wrong image" upon reboot. I tried to reinstall the bios via usb but it didn't fix it.Has anyone any idea on what I can do here? You are my only hope! ,,,Thanks :?

Rusax

Let me show you the world
Feb 4, 2017
www.rusax.nl
Reseller ID
Rusmir
Our Public manufacturer firmware is here http://soft.infomir.com.ua/
Public manufacturer firmware for MAG254 http://soft.infomir.com.ua/mag254/release/0.2.18-r9/

It is neccessary to update on Public manufacturer firmware from Bootloader (BIOS) menu using multicast or USB&Bootstrap (we recommend to update using multicast).

How to open Bootloader (BIOS) menu http://wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:stb_webkit:faq:bios_settings_mag200_250
Documentation about updating http://wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:stb_webkit:faq:update_firmware_mag200_250

If you will have the same message "Wrong digital signature" while updating from Bootloader (BIOS) menu using multicast, then your STB is signed with operator key and it can be updated on operator's firmware only. In this case you need to contact directly with your IPTV service provider where you got the box before

ferale

Jul 16, 2017
bought a mag 254 a couple of month ago and it sometimes freezez when i go into some channel from my iptv provider ******* WARNING FRAUD **DON'T BUY** PLEASE REPORT TO ADMIN *******. If i go into one channel i fpund out crashes my mag. Need to plug out cord and reboot it again to start work again. If i then go into channel again the box crashes. There is no picture on that channel at the moment but is this a portal issue or box formware issue.

Orzabit

Oct 29, 2016
bought a mag 254 a couple of month ago and it sometimes freezez when i go into some channel from my iptv provider ******* WARNING FRAUD **DON'T BUY** PLEASE REPORT TO ADMIN *******. If i go into one channel i fpund out crashes my mag. Need to plug out cord and reboot it again to start work again. If i then go into channel again the box crashes. There is no picture on that channel at the moment but is this a portal issue or box formware issue.
I had the same problem with my mag 254, i used it for about 1 year without any issues, tried to reinstall the firmware and reset settings. But still the same problem only possible to watch at maximum three minutes before it freeze. Sometimes after only a few seconds it frooze.
I tried to use my iptv with http://sip******* WARNING FRAUD **DON'T BUY** PLEASE REPORT TO ADMIN *******/news/ and it has been working perfect for the last two months no freezes anymore. You can try it for free for 7 days and if it works for you then you have to pay 5,49€ it is a one time payment. On a plus side you also get a new interface that i actually prefer and the epg is also way better.

Sandrito

IPTVexpert
Reseller
Nov 8, 2017
Reseller ID
Sandrito
MAG 322 and MAG 324 are NEW MAG-Boxes with HEVC-256 compression. This new compression is not realy necessary at this time, becose I don't know a IPTV Provider who are providing it.

But my real question is, does myIPTV support this new MAG-Boxes. Because I read on INFORMIR, that the "Middleware supported" is only "Ministra multiscreen TV platform".

On MAG 254 (no HEVC) and MAG 256 (with HEVC) the "Middleware supported" is "Stalker".

mag254UserUSA

Nov 11, 2017
Hi,

I am new to this forum...
After my purchase of MAG254 in March 2017, I upgraded its firmware for the first time to 0.2.18-r19 (which is the latest at the moment, I guess). However, this upgrade didn't do anything good to me, instead, it removed all my favorite apps - Youtube and Games (Line, Memory and Sudoku). I really want to get these apps back. I contacted their customer care but they said it is impossible to get these apps back (I doubt their knowledge though).

Does anyone know if it is possible to get these apps back? Will factory reset or downgrading to lower versions of firmware help? Please suggest.

azteck78

Nov 12, 2017
I have a mag 254 and proiptv, It worked well in Sweden and then I took it to Spain and back. Back in Sweden, the channels do not work. The portal opens and you can see the channel list, but nothing else works. The supplier just asks me to reset the box or router. But it does not help. could there be a problem with the IP addresses.

marcoman

Jan 9, 2016
Reseller ID
marcoman
Can Rapid please check if this box is gonna be supported soon???
I have this box and its telling me its not supported after booting with Rapid portal.
Or if anyone know workaround or has Emulator for it..
Thx