• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

MAg322 w1 - Emergency Recovery With Service Botton - Failed

Maytreier

Feb 29, 2020
Hi all.

I´ll be straightforward on details

My Mag322 w1 is not rebooting. So i have tried to recover through service botton according this procedure:

1 - Download Bootstrap file from MAG322;
2 - On the USB drive already formatted (Fat32 mode), create mag322 directory (located in the root directory of the USB drive);
3 - On the USB drive, put Bootstrap file in mag322;
4 - Unplug STB power;
5 - Press and hold the service button;
6 - Switch STB power on (still holding the button);
7 - Wait for the required boot mode in accordance with LED indication:
  • Mode 1. (LED white, slow flashing). Release the button to load STB in mode 1. If the button is pressed - STB goes to mode 2.
  • Mode 2. (LED white, quick flashing). Release the button to load STB in mode 2. Continue to hold the button if you want to go to mode 3.
  • Mode 3. (LED white, lights steadily). Release the button to load STB in mode 3. Further holding the button leads to standard STB loading (from NAND).
However, step 7 failed because the front led does not switch on.

Do you guys have any suggestion? Is there another way to do emergency recovery?

Thank you

tommyo123

Apr 26, 2020
Have you checked that your MAG is genuine? Maybe you are unlucky like me and bought a counterfeit MAG from China? Upgrading firmware would kill your fake Mag. Try to register here to see if you have a genuine product: h***s://my.infomir.eu/eng/

Sorry to no be more helpful, but you might be in the same position as me. Have posted a here a request for help. You might need some tools like an SPI programmer or an jtag adapter to fix this. jtag failed for me, but the SPI programmer could read the flash that is under the heatsink. I had to remove the heatsink to find it. Hope some skilled lowlevel people could help us. If you found a solution, please share the solution with us.