• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Mag324w2 Auto Updating even after disable

navigates

Aug 14, 2019
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help. I just got the mag324w2/325w2
I've gone to recovery mode and loaded the NOBLOCK_324 file successfully, however during reboot it does an auto-update to 2.20.08r2-324
I've attached the screenshots.

I have disabled auto update and also changed the auto update url.

thanks soo much. Is there a solution or maybe I got the wrong box.?

Attachments

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Maybe try and have the box disconnected from Wifi/ethernet during the first boot after you loaded NOBLOCK_324 ? :)

And after that go back into settings and make sure the auto update is turned of

navigates

Aug 14, 2019
I do believe that the NoBlock should not update .. Are you sure you have done it correctly ?
Once No Block is updated, I do see it as the firmware. If you see the screenshot , it shows updating from noblock to the new firmware. Do you think its because it is the 324w2 model?

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Once No Block is updated, I do see it as the firmware. If you see the screenshot , it shows updating from noblock to the new firmware. Do you think its because it is the 324w2 model?
Dont think so.. Because then it would not update at all :) .. Did you try and leave it disconnected from internet at the first boot ?

navigates

Aug 14, 2019
Maybe try and have the box disconnected from Wifi/ethernet during the first boot after you loaded NOBLOCK_324 ? :)

And after that go back into settings and make sure the auto update is turned of
I have tried that and when I remove the ethernet it boots just fine without the update. however when I put the ethernet the update starts.
I've also ensured the auto update is set to disable. :(

navigates

Aug 14, 2019
Seems really wierd :( ... Sorry i cant be more of assistance to you.. Maybe someone else have some input in the matter ;)
No Issues. I believe it may be a bug with the mag box since its the w2 version. I tried to look extensively for the non w2 version as I didn't need the wifi connectivity but couldn't find it.

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Yes.. On most routers you can edit the firewal to not allow trafic from certain IP:s

But you need to know the ip or DNS for the update server ;)

navigates

Aug 14, 2019
Yes.. On most routers you can edit the firewal to not allow trafic from certain IP:s

But you need to know the ip or DNS for the update server ;)
Is there a way to ssh into the box and disable the update. I just loaded up the noblock and it reupdated it on boot. even after the update is set to no.

navigates

Aug 14, 2019
Really not sure if you can telnet into a MAGbox :)
Thanks. I'm then confused as to what is to be done. For now I am using an alternate Url to make things work :(
I also find the box freezing at times but then post the freeze the program does not continue automatically until a manual intervention is done by exiting and reentering the show.

I have the formuler z8 to test as well and that continues once it freezes. However I don't like the z8's interface.

navigates

Aug 14, 2019
Install original image with USB and the update you want with USB as well. Make sure you are not connected to the Internet until you have turned off auto update
Do you mean I should download the original image and try this out? I am on a factory updated image now. I think I should push an old version and then block and then do the no block ?

navigates

Aug 14, 2019
I tried to load an old version and disabled the update and loaded the noblock update. however on reboot it still pushed the new update. I believe it may be because I have the mag324w2 model and not the mag324? Are the models the same firmware wise?