• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Mag324w2 Auto Updating even after disable

bo1745

Nov 19, 2019
I tried to load an old version and disabled the update and loaded the noblock update. however on reboot it still pushed the new update. I believe it may be because I have the mag324w2 model and not the mag324? Are the models the same firmware wise?
I have the same exact issue, tried reverting to original fireware, noblock, upon portal bootup, auto updates :(

Has anyone able to find a solution? Please advise.

Thank you in advance

Ardi Plaku

Reseller
Jan 2, 2017
Reseller ID
aplaku
i have multiple mag324w2 and never had an issue loading the noblock. i do install the noblock as soon as i turn the device for the first time without connecting to the internet or putting any information

subin055

Jan 11, 2020
I tried to load an old version and disabled the update and loaded the noblock update. however on reboot it still pushed the new update. I believe it may be because I have the mag324w2 model and not the mag324? Are the models the same firmware wise?
Hi mate,
I'm having the exact issue. Were you able to find a solution?
Please do let me know if you find one.

Som_ting_wong

Mar 9, 2020
I was able to install no_block on 2 out of 3 mag324w2. The one that continues to automatically update/ downgrade is on my current sub, other boxes were subbed elsewhere with no issues.

try different subs! But If the box works great as is I’d leave it alone.

siudamw

Mar 17, 2021
For anyone who wants to permanently disable auto updates on their mag322 (could work on other mag boxes too) follow the below steps.

1. load a pub firmware version onto your mag so that you can ssh into the box (not gonna explain how, google for pub firmware)
2. ssh into the box and go to this directory /home/web/system/updater (i assume you know what ssh is and how to use it)
3. we need to edit this file: index.min.js with the command vi index.min.js (you can use other editors, I chose to use vi)
4. replace the following:

this:
(echo("updater.js => need update"),this.Update.Start(this.update_url)

with this:
(echo("updater.js => need update"),stbWebWindow.messageSend(getWindowIdByName(WINDOWS.PORTAL)||1,"AutoUpdateWindow:closed",""),stbWebWindow.close()

5. save the file and reboot

What the above essentially does is that if the box thinks it needs an update, it will make auto update close before any further processing. This is especially useful if, for example, your portal pushes auto updates as mine does. No matter what, auto update will close and you won't even see the window pop up on screen.

In all my searching on the internet, I haven't come across a method like the one above to block auto updates. Maybe there is an easier method, I don't know, but this method works for me and should work for you if done properly.

Enjoy no auto updates!