• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

New user trying to compile free channels

JetEasy

Dec 1, 2019
Hi guys I am a new user. My parents used to have a satellite with hotbird and astra, as well as local tv.

Now that they have moved to a new location neither of these are available anymore.

I therefore bought a Mibox and am now trying to find a way to sort the 20-odd channels they usually watch in a user friendly way so that they feel like its almost the same procedure as before (turn on tv, channel up, channel down)

Their channels are all free to air and I found most of them on apps like SwiftStreamz and LiveNetTV.

Problem is that these apps are loaded with tons of channels and you can't jump directly from one to another.

Does anyone know how I can compile only the free channels that I want in a single app so that they easily flip through them just like they did on their satellite decoder?

Also, in your experience did stream buffering improve if you connected the android tv box directly to the modem (ethernet)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

KobusKrukas

Jan 12, 2019
@JetEasy

Hi, if those channels are free-to-air then there should be a possibility to find the direct link to them.
If you provide me with a country (or better a list of wanted channels), I can see if there are direct links to them.

But on a smart tv you could run most channels with Kodi locally installed...So no need for extra device.

Greetings from Holland

Koos

JetEasy

Dec 1, 2019
@JetEasy

Hi, if those channels are free-to-air then there should be a possibility to find the direct link to them.
If you provide me with a country (or better a list of wanted channels), I can see if there are direct links to them.

But on a smart tv you could run most channels with Kodi locally installed...So no need for extra device.

Greetings from Holland

Koos
Thanks for your reply Koos. I found m3u8 for most channels and made an m3u file which I run on smart iptv.

However one of them only has a ustream link. Any idea if I can combine this somehow with the rest of my channels?

Thanks

Reactions: KobusKrukas

KobusKrukas

Jan 12, 2019
Thanks for your reply Koos. I found m3u8 for most channels and made an m3u file which I run on smart iptv.

However one of them only has a ustream link. Any idea if I can combine this somehow with the rest of my channels?

Thanks
Hi @JetEasy

Sorry for the belated response...
The only thing I can find on behalf of UStream is movies and so on, not live streaming.
Maybe you can copy the URL in VLC to see what happens?