• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Quality of streams

spectra

Apr 5, 2021
In this thread i would like to discuss more about the quality of different streams. I have tried multiple IPTV stream now for a while and what strikes me is that streams differ from each other. this is of course understandable because there are many aspects that can influence this. given I have quite a bit of technical knowledge, I have little understanding of how IPTV works. from what I understand you want to send as little bandwidth as possible with the highest possible quality. I guess this has a lot to do with how encoding and decoding works.

What makes me wonder is that why some channels like sports have most of the time lower quality than other channels. And how many Megabits of download is required to receive decent quality television. I understand that the quality of streaming is less than when you download and play video. Also you would like to offer people with bad quality internet some decent video. But with 100mbps internet you are able to get some great video right? Lets say i am willing to pay some more for better quality is this possible or are there reseller that sell better quality?