• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Sky Sports UK FHD channels - Bad picture quality

Ducks17

Apr 10, 2017
I'm just wondering why the Sky Sports UK FHD channels have bad PQ. It's been like this a long time, never been as good as 1920x1080 should/could be.
Compared to other British FHD channels like BBC, ITV, BT Sports etc, the SS channels are sooo pixellated and the compression are just awful.
Please advise.

Reactions: HikL and zibi1978

Ducks17

Apr 10, 2017
Is it possible to get an answer to this? Who can change the quality of the channels? What's the best channel to address this to?

R-Media

Staff member
Jan 25, 2016
Hello,

Please give us a Full channel name so we can check.

Regards,

Reactions: Ducks17

Ducks17

Apr 10, 2017
The two channels showing the English Premier league:
Sky Sports Main Event FHD
Sky Sports Premier League FHD

But all the channels in the Sky Sports UK package have bad picture quality, if you compare them to BT Sports 1 FHD, BBC One FHD, ITV 1 FHD (other British channels)
The Sky Sports package was one of the reasons I joined, but I've been forced to chose other channels because of better PQ (Even US channels are better)
Would love for a refresh of the Sky Sports package :cool:

Robson84

Feb 15, 2018
Hi!

I aggree with the above. The quality on skysports main event and sky Sports Premier League is still really bad. No way near the quality of the other sports channels. Is it being fixed?

Reactions: M_Master

Ducks17

Apr 10, 2017
Good to see I'm not alone. The channel package that should be the best on this service, is actually the worst. I never use the Sky Sports channels because of the bad picture quality. Sky Sports Main Event FHD UK is1080i 50hz, but the compression is AWFUL! Sky Sports Premier League FHD UK is 1080i 25hz :( with the same awful compression.
Please make the most important sport package watchable!

Artan92

Nov 1, 2016
Reseller ID
Samsung IPTV
what is banging up is it's not just sky sports uk with bad picture quality also supersport FHD Albania have very bad FHD quality and between through DAZN2 FHD Germany welchslet from FHD to a slaughtered HD quality and telecom basketball HD Germany is always offline no matter if now game is or not

Ducks17

Apr 10, 2017
I agree. I always end up watching it on one of the arab channels or something (where The picture quality is better). Its a Shane really.
I am Scandinavian, so I watch it on 6'eren DK (they don't show all matches) and Viasat Sport Premium HD SE.
Check out Ziggo Sport NL, and Sport TV Portugal for example. Almost flawless quality. Much better than the Arab channels and way way better than Sky Sports. Sadly I can not stand to watch with languages I don't understand.

Reactions: Artan92

Artan92

Nov 1, 2016
Reseller ID
Samsung IPTV
I am Scandinavian, so I watch it on 6'eren DK (they don't show all matches) and Viasat Sport Premium HD SE.
Check out Ziggo Sport NL, and Sport TV Portugal for example. Almost flawless quality. Much better than the Arab channels and way way better than Sky Sports. Sadly I can not stand to watch with languages I don't understand.
the polish sportsmen like canal + sport HD PL canal + Sport 2 HD PL and Eleven Sport 1-4 PL have also good quality but not in my desired language

Adem Harbas

Sep 5, 2017
I used to watch alot of PL-games on Bein Sports 11 *english* but lately picture is just €%&€

Tiqul

Nov 26, 2018
Yep confirm polish sports channels have really good quality but sometimes canal sport 2 downgrade to 1280x720 and champions league laggy in polsat premium and i watch in UK BT sport, goog quality.