• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

IPTV Community

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 3, 2015
iptv.community
Hello,

This section is related to technical issues and support questions regarding SIPTV App on Sony TV's.
Feel free to submit your questions in this section in order to get help from other community members.

Last edited:

Franqie

Here to help you become official Reseller!
Reseller
Dec 29, 2016
Reseller ID
Franqie
We have wonderful options to install Smart IPTV on Samsung Smart TV's and LG because the app is simply downloadable thru their appstores.

Does anyone have suggestions, manuals, tips & tricks to get Smart IPTV on Sony platform, preferrably on Android based platform and non-Android.

Many thanks for your contributions!

Franqie

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
We have wonderful options to install Smart IPTV on Samsung Smart TV's and LG because the app is simply downloadable thru their appstores.

Does anyone have suggestions, manuals, tips & tricks to get Smart IPTV on Sony platform, preferrably on Android based platform and non-Android.

Many thanks for your contributions!

Franqie
Ok non Android, not possible.
Check this link http://sip******* WARNING FRAUD **DON'T BUY** PLEASE REPORT TO ADMIN *******/howto/android/

mosteen

Jan 5, 2017
I have tested OTTPlayer on Sony pre-Android TV, it works but it's not perfect. OTTPlayer is available on SEN

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Hey all,

Is anyone else using IPTV with an Android-based Sony Bravia TV?

I use Smart IPTV on my Samsung, and it works perfectly. It seems that it's slightly different with the Android-based systems with the need for codecs etc?

A friend of mine is trying to use the Smart IPTV app on his Sony Bravia TV, but unfortunately a lot of the channels have audio, but no picture. He's installed a bunch of codecs, but the problem still seems to persist. There doesn't seem to be any option inside the Smart IPTV app to use Hardware Decoding, unless it's hidden somewhere? Is it possible to switch between Software and Hardware decoding somehow?

Other IPTV apps seem to be designed for touchscreen Android devices (i.e. Extreme IPTV), and are just horrible to navigate on a TV.

Does anyone have any advice for how to get the Rapid IPTV service running well on a Sony Android TV where the controller functions properly. It works perfectly on my Samsung TV, so I was really hoping I could get it to run as well for my friend on his Sony TV.

Thanks very much for any help,
Cheers, Ori

Quimic

Reseller
Dec 7, 2016
Switzerland
Reseller ID
Quimic
Hey all,

I use Smart IPTV on my Samsung, and it works perfectly. It seems that it's slightly different with the Android-based systems with the need for codecs etc?

A friend of mine is trying to use the Smart IPTV app on his Sony Bravia TV, but unfortunately a lot of the channels have audio, but no picture. He's installed a bunch of codecs, but the problem still seems to persist. There doesn't seem to be any option inside the Smart IPTV app to use Hardware Decoding, unless it's hidden somewhere? Is it possible to switch between Software and Hardware decoding somehow?

Other IPTV apps seem to be designed for touchscreen Android devices (i.e. Extreme IPTV), and are just horrible to navigate on a TV.

Does anyone have any advice for how to get the Rapid IPTV service running well on a Sony Android TV where the controller functions properly. It works perfectly on my Samsung TV, so I was really hoping I could get it to run as well for my friend on his Sony TV.

Cheers, Ori
Did you tried installing the app ssiptv, GSE IPTV or OTT player? Can you install kodi? :)

You can find more info here:
https://rapidiptv.com/threads/faq-guide-to-all-new-users.4088/#post-28321

Reactions: Orias

m1tch3m

Sep 1, 2016
Hey all,

Cheers, Ori
I'd recommend Perfect Player. Has codecs to choose (I use Hardware decoder option which seems to work on all channels, picture and audio).

Best set top box experience in my opinion. It's been designed to be remote friendly.

Give it a go and see. I paid the couple of quid to get rid of the add bar at the bottom (when in the channel list only, not when watching a channel) - it's non intrusive but wasn't expensive to get rid of it.

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Thanks guys,

Just to be clear, he doesn't have a set-top box at all. This is just a Sony Bravia Smart TV.
So he's looking for any app that will work on his TV (which is Android-based) that will have the same functionality as I can get with my Samsung Smart TV + the Smart IPTV app .. which is perfect!

Will give those ones you suggest a go, Quimic :)

Cheers!

m1tch3m

Sep 1, 2016
Thanks guys,

Just to be clear, he doesn't have a set-top box at all. This is just a Sony Bravia Smart TV.
So he's looking for any app that will work on his TV (which is Android-based) that will have the same functionality as I can get with my Samsung Smart TV + the Smart IPTV app .. which is perfect!

Will give those ones you suggest a go, Quimic :)

Cheers!
Yeah Perfect Player is Android based.

Best Set top box user interface, I've tried them all, haha.

blomman00

Jan 8, 2017
Agree, perfect player is best, if subtitles would work and if you could get 5.1 sound it would be a true perfect player,
kodi can do that but it's very slow and unstable on my sony android tv.

Reactions: m1tch3m

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys,

I'll pass the info on and hopefully we can get it working properly!

Cheers

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier

Cheers
Smart IPTV is also good for Android TV, for my minix, it works better than other, all Tested and this SIPTV the best..

m1tch3m

Sep 1, 2016

Cheers
Smart IPTV is also good for Android TV, for my minix, it works better than other, all Tested and this SIPTV the best..
I found the UI is not as up to date looking as Perfect Player.

Also it's not remote control friendly as Perfect Player...

My personal opinion :)

EDIT: Also as it uses coloured buttons which a basic Android remote does not have.

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier

Cheers
I found the UI is not as up to date looking as Perfect Player.

Also it's not remote control friendly as Perfect Player also...

My personal opinion :)
For me ui is very Nice, that's why I tried, and it's simple to use. My father liked it !
I hold OK button, then groups and i choose. And the difference is that the streams is very good quality and smooth on 1080p, like my freebox player... Comparing to kodi and perfect player and others ( kodi is worst)

Reactions: Orias

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Minix is a set-top box though, right (I'm not too clued-up on the specific hardware).

In this case he's just trying to play the channels directly via the apps that are available for the TV. The problem that he's having with the Smart IPTV is that some channels seem to specifically require hardware decoding, which doesn't seem to be an option in the Smart IPTV app on the TV.

He tried Perfect Player, and that definitely seems better, and has lots of decoding options like Sofware, Hardware etc. Still a few issues that I think he needs to figure out though.

I am 100% Smart IPTV on the Samsung! Love it .. none of these "codec" issues or anything that the Android TV's have :D

Thanks again for all of the responses!
Cheers

Reactions: blomman00

Hiwa

Oct 22, 2016
Hey all,

Cheers, Ori
Have you fixed the problem,?

I have Sony TV 55xd8005 it is fantastic. Just download Perfect Player app and use Mxplayer for vedio not Vlc. Use HW or HW+ decode make sure that everything is updated.

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Have you fixed the problem,?
It's actually a friend's TV, not mine, but he's not quite 100% there just yet. His model is the Sony KD-55X8508C, so it sounds very similar to yours.

Perfect Player does work well for him with MX Player, but the biggest problem is that whenever he wants to change channel the MX Player app has to close and re-open. So quickly switching channel (like you can with Smart IPTV) doesn't seem to work.

Is it possible to change channel without having to close the MX Player app each time? If so, that would pretty much solve the issue. The HW decoding option does work for him, but HW+ doesn't.

Thanks again,
Cheers