• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Tivimate recording using smb only working on tv that is recorded on

Bhamjohn

Dec 25, 2020
Birmingham, AL
I have successfully set up Tivimate SMB recording on my TV. It records wireless to a Windows 10 computer. I can play everything fine from the TV I recorded it on. When I open TV mate on another TV, it shows the recorded programs, but gives an exception error and won't play. I have the same problem on 2 TVs that also have Tivimate. Since it is showing recordings I assumed you could watch on any TV with Tivimate. The smb settings are the same on all 3. Any help would be appreciated. It is recognizing the folder and files, but won't play

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
I have successfully set up Tivimate SMB recording on my TV. It records wireless to a Windows 10 computer. I can play everything fine from the TV I recorded it on. When I open TV mate on another TV, it shows the recorded programs, but gives an exception error and won't play. I have the same problem on 2 TVs that also have Tivimate. Since it is showing recordings I assumed you could watch on any TV with Tivimate. The smb settings are the same on all 3. Any help would be appreciated. It is recognizing the folder and files, but won't play
I am using a firestick 4k
If you record iptv, you would need to buy a second connection, keep this in mind please.

Bhamjohn

Dec 25, 2020
Birmingham, AL
I have 3 streams. I have Tivimate on 3 TVs. Usually just use 1 stream for watching and 2 if recording. I have smb server setup on windows 10 computer. All 3 TVs are recording to the same directory on windows 10 machine. I can see listings of all shows recorded by all 3 Tivimate installs in the same directory, but can only watch a show if it was originally recorded on the TV I am currently watching. I would think since it's showing all content, it shouldn't matter which TV I am sending the saved content to. It's not streaming live content, but saved content. I can go watch it all with VLC, etc. Just wish I could use Tivimate for all TVs recorded content

KAT

Mar 12, 2022
Reseller ID
KAT
Did you ever figure this out? I am in the same situation, except that I can see one of my recording on all 3 of my devices. The other recording only show up on the Tivimate instances where I scheduled the recording to happen. Using Tivimate 4.2.0

roliegoalie

Aug 29, 2022
i to am having the same problem.
also, now when i hit record, the red dot comes on and then after a few seconds it goes off.
i check my recording and its there but wont play...