• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Using TVIrl to get IPTV-stream using the "usual" preinstalled TV-app

Elfeo

Oct 16, 2017
So I stumbled upon the app TVIrl and it will make an Android TV add your IPTV channels to the usual TV-app (preinstalled) on your TV. I got it to work on my Sony Android TV - even though its not super clear how it ended up in the right place. The guides are all talking about the "Live Channels"-app but after that one is setup it magically appeared to my usual TV-guide and app. Automatic update of EPG is not in place yet and it looks like it will cost when that feature arrives - but for me its working perfectly at the moment just need to manually refresh EPG every now and then. Make sure to filter which channels you see in your dashboard here - took a loong time with many channel and it also crashed when I had like 6000 channels (my filter was reset for some reason).
Instructions:
Good luck!

Reactions: Héctor Ceballos

Héctor Ceballos

May 29, 2020
Hi, i'm just hearing about this app and looks great, im using a Sony Android TV and works great with the TV app but I don't get any logo or guide of programs, I tried other apps and they do give me the logos and programs but not play the channel, any idea what I'm missing? Thanks

Héctor Ceballos

May 29, 2020
Its working fine for me, have you added a correct epg-link in tvirl?
Yeah tanks I'm kind new in the IPTV and EPG world, and not my provider doesn't have a EPG list, I was confused because the app SSIPTV does the logos and programs automatically.
Still loving the app and continue to look for a free EPG list out there, tanks.