VOD sound

• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.
Apr 9, 2018
Hi I have a mag 256 with the latest firmware everything is fine except some of the VOD movies and series has no sound all live tv is fine iv tried to change hdmi lead and port and also in the portal tried the audio settings (changing pcm/stereo)but it’s still the same? Most play fine just some don’t yet the same providers VOD audio plays fine on my phone does anyone have the same problems or know how to fix the issue ?

Andreas85

Jun 17, 2018
Hi

I have the same problem. It started when i updated to latest firmware. It seems to be all Vod that have DTS-sound.
Hope someone have any solution for this soon ?

Apr 9, 2018
Yes I didn’t recall anything before I updated to the new firmware can’t think why it wouldn’t support DTS poor by infomir would make sense why some sound movies play & others don’t seem somewhere the 322 had same fault they had a firmware update to solve it

Aug 8, 2016
I downloaded this file
http://soft.infomir.com/mag256/release/2.20.03/imageupdate

and saved it on my USB stick in a folder called mag256.

Downgrade imageupdate:

1. Connect prepared USB-drive to STB.

2. Enter the System Recovery Utility menu :

a. Power off (unplug the power supply) STB.

b. Push and hold Menu button on RC and power STB on (still Holding Menu button, plug in power supply).

c. Wait for (~10 seconds) System Recovery Utility menu.
Release Menu button.

3. Select Upgrade Tools ⇒ Upgrade Software ⇒ Using USB ⇒ Yes; and select your file.

4. Wait until the update process is complete. The info about software update status is displayed in the bottom of screen.
When the software is updated the STB will automatically reboot.

Note: the Menu botton on RC is located on the left hand side below the down button and above the Vol+ button. The one with the 3 lines and 3 dots.

Good luck :)

Aug 8, 2016
I downloaded this file
http://soft.infomir.com/mag256/release/2.20.03/imageupdate

and saved it on my USB stick in a folder called mag256.

Downgrade imageupdate:

1. Connect prepared USB-drive to STB.

2. Enter the System Recovery Utility menu :

a. Power off (unplug the power supply) STB.

b. Push and hold Menu button on RC and power STB on (still Holding Menu button, plug in power supply).

c. Wait for (~10 seconds) System Recovery Utility menu.
Release Menu button.

3. Select Upgrade Tools ⇒ Upgrade Software ⇒ Using USB ⇒ Yes; and select your file.

4. Wait until the update process is complete. The info about software update status is displayed in the bottom of screen.
When the software is updated the STB will automatically reboot.

Note: the Menu botton on RC is located on the left hand side below the down button and above the Vol+ button. The one with the 3 lines and 3 dots.

Good luck :)

Before you downgrade, don't forget to didable automatic update in the Embedded Portal:

1. Load Embedded Portal
2. Select Settings
3. Select Software autoupdate
4. In Autoupfate select Disabled
5. Press OK to save the changes.

Mrc84

Aug 12, 2018
Hi, I’m also experiencing this issue, has anyone managed to find an older version of the firmware that they might be able to share?

Apr 9, 2018
I downgraded to 2.20.03 and some movies play that didn’t play before but there’s still lots that have no sound it’s like infomir know there’s a fault with DTS audio but don’t want to admit it

Aug 11, 2018
Reseller Username
nvt

Attachments