VPN Compare

• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.
IPTV Community

IPTV Community

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 3, 2015
iptv.community
Where can I get a VPN?

VPN services have become extremely popular these days and not only because they allow you to bypass ISP blocks and filtering that are in place but they also serve as tools to increase your privacy.

Due to the encryption used it is impossible for your ISP to know what you’re accessing which is why over the past few years usage of VPNs has exploded and now they’re quite common amongst those who are concerned about how much personal data our ISPs, governments and other companies now have access to.

For this reason it is great news for you as the user because firstly it means there is a lot of choices available but secondly it has driven the prices down and for more service, than you got 2 or 3 years ago the price hasn’t changed and in many cases has got lower.

So you’re probably wondering what a VPN will set you back? Luckily they’re extremely cheap and a VPN service shouldn’t cost more than US$10 per month (approx £6.50) but can be as low as US$5-6 per month (approx £3.50) if you sign up for an annual package so it’s definitely worth shopping around and seeing what deals are out there for longer service lengths.

What features should I look for?

Almost all VPN providers will be suitable to bypass blocks and filtering but a few areas to consider are Speed and Server Locations.

Server Locations are critical depending on where you live in the world. Ideally, you want to use a provider with server locations in the country you reside in and in countries nearby. If you live in China for example and the nearest server is the United Kingdom then you’re going to suffer a lot of speed loss.

Speed is one of the most important features but also one that is impossible to determine until you’ve signed up. When using a VPN you’ll lose a bit of your overall internet speed but with a reliable provider, that speed loss will be minimal. With a poor VPN provider, you could end up losing half your speed or more.

Summary

Any VPN service will allow you to bypass ISP blocks and filtering. If you want to take a look at a wide range of providers then a good place to start is the link below.

Best VPN Providers

http://www.top10bestvpn.com

Last edited:
DerCremaxx

DerCremaxx

=Always here to Support you just pm me=
Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
CodGlas
Great Thread :) Will help alot of users that haves isp issues :D

Reactions: Parrot IPTV
owi

owi

Reseller
Jan 20, 2017
Spain
Reseller ID
owi
I have try Pure Vpn that was a bad choice for me, because I lost to much speed, Hide My Ass log everything you do, and is a very bad choice. You can't use it for torrents! The best VPN server out there is Astrill Vpn, very fast speed, and they don't save or have any logs. You can use it for torrents and watch movies f.ex with popcorn movies. And they support BitCoin too. https://www.astrill.com/
If you choose to use a VPN server, you shuold be sure they don't have logs!
This is my opinion.

DerCremaxx

DerCremaxx

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
CodGlas
I have try Pure Vpn that was a bad choice for me, because I lost to much speed, Hide My Ass log everything you do, and is a very bad choice. You can't use it for torrents! The best VPN server out there is Astrill Vpn, very fast speed, and they don't save or have any logs. You can use it for torrents and watch movies f.ex with popcorn movies. And they support BitCoin too. https://www.astrill.com/
If you choose to use a VPN server, you shuold be sure they don't have logs!
This is my opinion.
im happy with PerfectPrivacy :)

ftoklu

ftoklu

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
i tried also a lot of vpn services in the last two years , how in the beginning said, the customers are looking and asking also more for using vpn.

from me and my customers i can say, that perfect privacy, nordvpn work good. i agree that it is important that there are no logs. but the biggest problem is the speed. im looking to solve that issue.

with pc great performance, with router, i bought a asus router which had great experiences in the internet, but the speed went so down, that i wanted to cry :)

i mean the best way for me and maybe a few more is when you setup your complete lan with vpn and dont have to start always some apps or just secure some devices.

until now i hope that i know what the router should can, the main problem with the routers seems to be the cpu. openvpn what most vpn providers use can just work with one kernel, so it doesnt helps you when you have quadcore... its just the Ghz of the one cpu which increases the speed on routers. and also the firmware.

so next im going to test with a tiny pc with pfsense, the tiny pc cpu will have over 3 ghz and pfsense is how i read one of the best firmware based on linux. thats also what nordvpn told me, and for me it gives sense, cause why does my good pc get with vpn mostly full speed and the tested routers dont?

so it is an expensive test, but for me when im save thats it and also i dont have to buy every year a new router. and hole of my network will run safe in one. and the tiny pc will work as plexmediaserver so, i will configure it as both put it in the corner and hopefully will be lucky :) hopefully ;)

in last also i know from customers different solutions, eblocker, looked for it, sounds good, but really shit, also one vpn provider sells his service with a small box, also shit!

maybe someone thinks why dont buy just a good router, but the router which i tried was not so cheap and was recommended, but really shit, tried a lot of configurations , differerent server locations but the speed was so low

and when its true that the ghz of the cpu is important and the firmware, maybe and hopefully my test will work

B

BobSapp

Oct 22, 2016
Hi all, it might be a little off-topic, but does Rapid IPTV allow access over VPN?

I have been using a VPN to access Rapid IPTV for 6 months with no problems. Since a few weeks I am unable to get any TV stream. However, when I disable my VPN it works! Rapid IPTV support have told me that VPN is not allowed. Can anybody confirm if VPN is allowed or not? Like I said, I have used it for months without problems. So either my VPN provider has done something, or Rapid IPTV have suddenly disallowed VPN access.

I would appreciate your view on this.

Thanks

DerCremaxx

DerCremaxx

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
CodGlas
Hi all, it might be a little off-topic, but does Rapid IPTV allow access over VPN?

I have been using a VPN to access Rapid IPTV for 6 months with no problems. Since a few weeks I am unable to get any TV stream. However, when I disable my VPN it works! Rapid IPTV support have told me that VPN is not allowed. Can anybody confirm if VPN is allowed or not? Like I said, I have used it for months without problems. So either my VPN provider has done something, or Rapid IPTV have suddenly disallowed VPN access.

I would appreciate your view on this.

Thanks
VPNS are NOT allowed

how ever you can use a vpn like NordVPN with a Dedicated ip adress

B

BobSapp

Oct 22, 2016
Thanks for the fast reply. So, is this a new policy? Are NordVPN IP's then somehow whitelisted by Rapid?

Rusax

Rusax

Let me show you the world
Feb 4, 2017
www.rusax.nl
Reseller ID
Rusmir
Thanks for the fast reply. So, is this a new policy? Are NordVPN IP's then somehow whitelisted by Rapid?
you can try to use it, good chance it will work

but the firewall might detect the ip and ban them

Last edited:
B

beefle

Feb 11, 2017
maybe someone thinks why dont buy just a good router, but the router which i tried was not so cheap and was recommended, but really shit, tried a lot of configurations , differerent server locations but the speed was so low

and when its true that the ghz of the cpu is important and the firmware, maybe and hopefully my test will work
Get an old PC and put pfsense on it works great getting nearly 98% of speed (51Mbit) but could get even more cpu is at 10%.(intel xenon l5430 with hardware crypto)
You can even try to run it on a VM which I actually do on my server...

Never got any decend speed with a home-use cheapo router using openvpn

H

hamdiegg

Apr 10, 2017
im happy with PerfectPrivacy :)
VPNS are NOT allowed

how ever you can use a vpn like NordVPN with a Dedicated ip adress
Im happy with Perfect Privacy too.
But they dont offer dedcated IP's.
Thats why i came to nvpn.net. Only for IPTV.
If you pay from Germany you can use Amazon Giftcard, you can get one(!) Server for 25€/year and an dedicated IP cost additionally 25€/year. Other payment Options are a little bit more expensive but o.k..
It works great with Rapid since three Months.

ftoklu

ftoklu

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock

Get an old PC and put pfsense on it works great getting nearly 98% of speed (51Mbit) but could get even more cpu is at 10%.(intel xenon l5430 with hardware crypto)

jep that was my first thought, but i do it like everytime, buy good hardware, not too expensive but that will make me happy, i read also that a cheap old pc would be enough, but i also want to use it as mediaserver and it should not eat to much electicity so i think a mini pc is good, i will do not something wrong.

but i will first test it with windows when even windows is good enough i will keep it with windows else it will be pfsense, thanks for the reply

T

Tricki

Mar 22, 2017
I didn't think we were allowed to use VPN with Rapid ?

ftoklu

ftoklu

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock

jep that was my first thought, but i do it like everytime, buy good hardware, not too expensive but that will make me happy, i read also that a cheap old pc would be enough, but i also want to use it as mediaserver and it should not eat to much electicity so i think a mini pc is good, i will do not something wrong.

but i will first test it with windows when even windows is good enough i will keep it with windows else it will be pfsense, thanks for the reply
Yeah thats true, the question is, if it is not allowed or if you use and have problems, dont get any support and do it in your advise.

this is also a question for the admins/moderators

Reactions: eltonbregu
D

[email protected]

Oct 31, 2016
Old post but useful. Tried a vpn service. It worked for a few minutes but then it keeps asking for username and password. Tested it with progtv on Windows. What happens if rapid detects use of vpn. Do I get banned? I need to use a vpn solution because it seems my isp blocks iptv. Everything works fine on 4G and other isp I tested.i am on vacation in Eastern Europe and need my channels:)