• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

VPN with Apple TV

noeljkelly26

Sep 10, 2020
Looking for some guidance on how to use VPN with Apple TV? It seems as if the Rapid IPTV service needs a VPN to work around ISP blocking and all the solutions on here don’t cover Apple TV!

I’m not tech savvy enough to install VPN on my router unless there’s a foolproof tutorial!!

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Looking for some guidance on how to use VPN with Apple TV? It seems as if the Rapid IPTV service needs a VPN to work around ISP blocking and all the solutions on here don’t cover Apple TV!

I’m not tech savvy enough to install VPN on my router unless there’s a foolproof tutorial!!
iQuit with apple long time ago, I am not sure if that works with apple tv but you can try to use PureVPN on your ios Device:

If you need PureVPN login you can send a pm to me and I'll provide a free temp account to you ;)

Hash7070

Oct 29, 2020
It won't work,u cant install any type of vpn on apple tv,you need a dns service like smartdns.com

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live

tvpandaip

Oct 21, 2019
Reseller ID
pandatv
sure? have you tried this ?
Apple tv have tvos not ios!! Any vpn is not works on apple tv.

It won't work,u cant install any type of vpn on apple tv,you need a dns service like smartdns.com
You can set up vpn in your router or use sdns - express vpn /nord vpn offer it I good remember

develonjp

Jul 19, 2020
I have an Apple TV, the only way you can use a VPN with it, is to install it on your router. However, you can manually set the DNS of your Apple TV and that might be enough to get around the ISP blocks as they are usually done via DNS anyway.

Give this a try:
1) Access the Apple TV main menu.
2) Click Settings > Network.
3) Select Configure DNS > Manual.
4) Enter the address 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare DNS).
5) Restart your Apple TV.

If that fails, then you may have to consider trying a VPN on your router and for that we would need to know what router you have to see if it's possible to load custom firmware onto the router, so you can run a VPN if it is not already supported by the stock firmware. Good luck! :)

wwe

Reseller
May 21, 2016
Reseller ID
William Elders
I use smartdnsproxy on my Apple TV and it works perfectly all the time for everything I'm in Spain so it works with bbciplayer etc... on Apple TV and smart tv

Reactions: noeljkelly26

noeljkelly26

Sep 10, 2020
I use smartdnsproxy on my Apple TV and it works perfectly all the time for everything I'm in Spain so it works with bbciplayer etc... on Apple TV and smart tv
Just signed up to smartdns proxy but struggling to get anything to work (bypass uk iptv blocks).
Any chance of a walkthrough guide?

afranc

Sep 28, 2020
smartdns does not work for iptv community. I have it and it only works to unblock for channels in their list.

The only solution for AppleTV is to connect it to a VPN, Using a router or a computer connected to the VPN.

In my case I bought a router that has a VPN client and have the Apple TV connected to it when using the IPTV community.

noeljkelly26

Sep 10, 2020
smartdns does not work for iptv community. I have it and it only works to unblock for channels in their list.

The only solution for AppleTV is to connect it to a VPN, Using a router or a computer connected to the VPN.

In my case I bought a router that has a VPN client and have the Apple TV connected to it when using the IPTV community.
thanks. Could you provide a link to the router?

Loz786

Jan 16, 2021
Hey, did you get this sorted? Just got an Apple TV and looking to get IPTV, appears to be blocked by isp though, express vpn looked decent, is this the way forward?

noeljkelly26

Sep 10, 2020
Nah no luck. Seems as if the only solution is to VPN through a compatible router. I haven’t brought myself to splash out on a new router yet

arniesack

Feb 9, 2021
UK
Try a Pyramidwifi device. It costs about £30 for device and 1 month VPN, then pay normal VPN monthly/annually usually about £45 per annum. You get 1 ethernet port and wifi connections. OS is immaterial

Reactions: vitorca

NormanS

Mar 23, 2021
I use smartdnsproxy, live outside of the EU/USA and haven't had a single blocked channel.