• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Allow more than one device simultaneously from the same IP

Juan Manuel

Nov 8, 2016
Hi,

it'd be nice, given we are allowed to only use one simultaneous device per subscription, to at least give the option to use the same subscription from multiple devices when they are sharing the same IP. Talking from my experience, that would allow people to be able to watch a football match from a tablet while another person watches a TV show. This happens rarely so buying another subscription just for this is not worth it and this is something some other providers allow.

Thanks.

Juan Manuel

Nov 8, 2016
Could a moderator reply to this message with at least a message saying whether it's under consideration or not possible at all, please? I don't see the point of a forum to post suggestions from users if the users don't then get any feedback about their suggestions.

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hi @Juan Manuel
if rapid allows multiple logins from same IP address, users might "cheat" system while they use VPN and connect all from same IP to rapid servers.
That's probably the reason why it's NOT allowed to connect twice.

Reactions: Charles Vella

Juan Manuel

Nov 8, 2016
Hi @Hectorious I understand that's a risk but, honestly, how many people do you think are knowledgeable/have the time to create a VPN server just for this? Someone may do it to profit from it but that would mostly be if he/she intended to sell it. By just limiting the number of concurrent connections from the same ip to just 2/3 at a time would solve that issue.

Reactions: dudedoctor

Charles Vella

Dec 11, 2016
Hi @Hectorious I understand that's a risk but, honestly, how many people do you think are knowledgeable/have the time to create a VPN server just for this? Someone may do it to profit from it but that would mostly be if he/she intended to sell it. By just limiting the number of concurrent connections from the same ip to just 2/3 at a time would solve that issue.
In all honesty, you would be surprised! Using IPTV is already knowledge based. My mum couldn't understand it. But all the people who I know and have IPTV, have a VPN. I am sure around 80% of IPTV users use a VPN, especially in countries such as the UK, Germany and the USA. For this reason, what you are suggesting cannot be done, and I hope it will never be done as users such as myself will end up with lagging, buffering etc from a user with just 1 account using it on multiple screens. I hope this satisfies mate.

Reactions: Hectorious

Juan Manuel

Nov 8, 2016
I'm not sure I see your point. One thing is knowing VPNs exist, another one trying to scam the service. If the service already limits the maximum number of connections from the same IP to two or three, no one can put more pressure on the service because of that limitation. If someone buys a subscription to watch TV from two different places sharing a single IP through a VPN, well, the service should have no problem, that's what's advertised, same IP, multiple connections. Granted, to provide this means the servers must be able to cope with the theoretical situation where all accounts use all the available connections. Which is never true, that's what companies providing resources in the cloud based their profit on but in any case, the service would need to able to scale if that happens.
In any case, if the ones responsible for the service say the architecture was created to handle a single connection per account (or for any other reason) I'm fine with that, I was just asking for at least an answer given this forum exists precisely for that.

Michael317

Nov 25, 2019
Does Rapid offer a 2nd connection for an additional fee? I have had other IPTV providers that offer a 2nd connection on the same subscription at less then have the cost of the 1st one.

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Does Rapid offer a 2nd connection for an additional fee? I have had other IPTV providers that offer a 2nd connection on the same subscription at less then have the cost of the 1st one.
It's possible to buy/setup a second connection to an existing account/line. But with some limitation, e.g. one mag box per line only. Price for additional line is very similar to regular new account and therefore I always prefer/suggest to create a new account under same dashboard to enjoy more flexibility.