• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Kodi 18.4-3 on Manjaro Linux - IPTVSimple buggy

jane_summers

May 8, 2019
Hey everybody,
I am using Kodi 18.4-3 on Manjaro Linux with addon IPTVSimple 3.8.3-1 and I have to say it is nothing but buggy. It works one day, you shutdown the machine, boot it again later that day, not one single channel is found. One or two reboots later it is working again.
I have another machine, exactly the same setup, no channels at all.
So, it works if you are lucky one day, later that day: no channels at all.

I tried Kodi on Mac, m3u lines and config exactly like on Manjaro: everything working fine. So I guess the Manjaro package is just buggy. I recommend not to use Manjaro for Kodi/IPTVSimple. As much as I love Manjaro, I think there is still work to do.

Hope to save someone some headache. I had a lot the last days trying to make it work.

Cheers,
Jane

jane_summers

May 8, 2019
Hey everybody,
I am using Kodi 18.4-3 on Manjaro Linux with addon IPTVSimple 3.8.3-1 and I have to say it is nothing but buggy. It works one day, you shutdown the machine, boot it again later that day, not one single channel is found. One or two reboots later it is working again.
I have another machine, exactly the same setup, no channels at all.
So, it works if you are lucky one day, later that day: no channels at all.

I tried Kodi on Mac, m3u lines and config exactly like on Manjaro: everything working fine. So I guess the Manjaro package is just buggy. I recommend not to use Manjaro for Kodi/IPTVSimple. As much as I love Manjaro, I think there is still work to do.

Hope to save someone some headache. I had a lot the last days trying to make it work.

Cheers,
Jane
Oh, and I just found out: EPG on Mac/Kodi is working perfectly also. No way to achieve that with the exact same config in Manjaro/Kodi.