• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.
  • Urgent Action! Today you must withdraw all crypto balances from Coinbase Commerce to your personal wallets! And do not upgrade your account there.

mag 256 downgrade

pumpkin080575

May 18, 2019
My nag 256 box did an auto update, and I would like to downgrade to a previous version, as the sound is now poor. All the image updates I have put on my usb are not found. What can I do?

pumpkin080575

May 18, 2019
It just says image file not found. I only have one usb port at the front. there is not one at the back.

pumpkin080575

May 18, 2019
I tried this yesterday, but the download stops after about a minute each time, and will not restart.

pumpkin080575

May 18, 2019
I have tried 3 usb sticks. The latest one is a brand new sandisk 8GB. The download has stopped again.

pumpkin080575

May 18, 2019
I have tried 2 usb sticks, and have gone to system settings, and followed the instructions. It says internal error. when I go through the system recovery mode it says image not found. What to do?

Sandrito

IPTVexpert
Reseller
Nov 8, 2017
Reseller ID
Sandrito
It just says image file not found. I only have one usb port at the front. there is not one at the back.
If there is only one usb port at the front - then this could be a MAG-Clone (or is no MAG) - and the downgrade from usb stick will not work.

pumpkin080575

May 18, 2019
Infomir tell me that the later versions of mag 256 with inbuilt wifi have only one usb port at the front. Any other way of doing this downgrade?

TimJM

Nov 7, 2016
Spain
Infomir tell me that the later versions of mag 256 with inbuilt wifi have only one usb port at the front. Any other way of doing this downgrade?
@pumpkin080575 , hi , Im going to tell you how i did it.

reboot the box .and hold down he menu button on your remote .
this will get you to the system recovery screen
select upgrade tools then upgrade sofware
choose usb then yes
I shold now run through the update

One thing I found if I did this in the normal system screen is that
it said " wrong signature " also use the back usb not the front one
Once you have done all this check in your inner portal that the software autoupdate is disabled
If you havent already

Hope this helps as I got similar issues untill I tried it this way
worked fine ... box now has the 299 noblock update showing in device info