• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Mag 520 firmware portal block

kylecw1986

Mar 24, 2021
Hi any help and advice is much appreciated,

Upgraded from mag 254 to mag 520, wasnt aware of portal block untill i tried then after a fair bit of googleing i cant find much to help me fix.

I tried the mag324 noblock image as was closest to 520 but wont update.

Any ideas?

arniesack

Feb 9, 2021
UK
AFAIK there aren't any noblock images for the 420 series up at present. You can't swap images, each is model specific. I tried to use m3u via Favourites on my MAG424, it loads the channels, but crashes the box. I am now using an old Android box via GSE IPTV, but have also had success on my PC with MyIPTV app. MAG specs should give it an edge, but they just don't seem to be doing it anymore.

arniesack

Feb 9, 2021
UK
Yes, I understand that. The 424 range is also Linux, hence my comment. Although they are now sporting a Amlogic S905X2 they still only have 1GB of memory and 4GB eMMc. Perhaps the updates(Linux 4.9 over Linux 4.4.35) will allow you to run an m3u plus list, but you may have the same problem as I did. My 424 is very new, but has returned to its box as it has very few other functions than IPTV portal so is of limited use. If you bought from a retailer I would be looking to return it for a refund or a replacement for another brand/OS. I hope you do get it working though. Keep us up to speed

arniesack

Feb 9, 2021
UK
You could have bought an Nvidia Shield (supposedly 'the best Android box') for the price you paid for the MAG. Opinions vary. MAGs are fantastic when they work, but until Informir decide to stop being the IPTV police, they have too many issues. From my experience, I would just buy a decent spec Android box. There are many reviews and recommendations online and far too many for me to recommend a particular brand. If your supplier is on here, ask their advice. Just to give you an idea, I have tested my sub from here on an Intel NUC mini PC(works great), an Edison MiniOS running Enigma2 (works, but can be slow and buffers, (box's fault not sub) and a TZ95 Android box (runs well, but probably due an update, old box) and an Apple TV 3 (max 1080p). Read lots before you spend and ask as many questions as you need to be certain it will work for you.

arniesack

Feb 9, 2021
UK
Just noticed, you're not the OP. Get an android box within your budget, best spec you can afford, check with sub supplier before final purchase. All Android boxes should work, if they have good enough spec. BTW you can try your sub on an Android phone first.

kylecw1986

Mar 24, 2021
thanks for advice, I now have it working. I didn't do anything on my end, a supplier tweeked his end he said