• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Mag254w2 "unlock" pin? Provider lock or local device lock?

Blorpinson99

Oct 7, 2023
Hey, it's that time of year when my MIL renews her IPTV service and it "breaks". Last year, I visited the provider site, did "register mac address" for the singel active subscription shown, and I think I did "reset IPTV" and it just started working. This year, I keep getting the "unlock" prompt at boot, literally can't even get into the device, and I did already register the mac address, then tried "reset IPTV", which seems to just send her a new site login password for the provider site.

One thing is it shows she has 2 active subscriptions, I suspect she got confused and paid twice. Provider won't respond to help tickets.

I'm stuck here, anybody maybe able to help? Not sure if it's against rules to mention the service so I won't but can say so if that's OK. They seem pretty awful though.

Blorpinson99

Oct 7, 2023
I should say that 0000 and 9999 don't work for a pin code. And that there's no reset button, and holding the 2 remote buttons like the manual says doesn't seem to do anything in terms of a factory reset.