• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

No Web-portal in TVIP 605 box

Sverige IPTV

Reseller
Mar 3, 2019
My friend have a TVIP 605 box and after an update yesterday he claims there is no channels anymore. I don't know if it was an automatic update or if he messed it up in some way. He use the standard Linux OS installation. After the update it was set Middleware API in the TV-settings. I told him to change to Web portal but that option is not available for him. He have other options, for example m3u file. My guess is he might switched to Android system instead of Linux, but the UI looks like Linux, with black background and same/similar menu. He made a factory reset but come back to same and the option for Web portal is still not available. What do you guys think is wrong?

Sverige IPTV

Reseller
Mar 3, 2019
Go to settings, then System. On second row (update type) it might say Android. Change to Linuxqt and wsit for the box to appmy the new system. This might take a while, be patient. After change to Linux is done, go back to System and change Update type to Default. Otherwise the box want to update your box to Android again. Good luck. I hope this will help you.

geraray

Aug 7, 2019
Go to settings, then System. On second row (update type) it might say Android. Change to Linuxqt and wsit for the box to appmy the new system. This might take a while, be patient. After change to Linux is done, go back to System and change Update type to Default. Otherwise the box want to update your box to Android again. Good luck. I hope this will help you.
HEllo thank you very much, really appreciate your reply, as with your help I managed to get the web portal back. Thanks again, regards, Ray

Reactions: Sverige IPTV

geraray

Aug 7, 2019
HEllo thank you very much, really appreciate your reply, as with your help I managed to get the web portal back. Thanks again, regards, Ray
Hi Sorry to bother, does it take so much long to change to Linux, casue till now it is still on Android?

geraray

Aug 7, 2019
Thank you very much it's done. do I find any info any where of these type of settings please?

geraray

Aug 7, 2019
I didn't read this. I just tried and it worked. What exactly do you want to know?
Because I have another box 605 and when I try to switch the box off from the remote control it does not switch off it remains ON, the rest of the remote control works well.

Sverige IPTV

Reseller
Mar 3, 2019
Ok. That's strange. I don't think there is a setting for this. Try a factory reset (s-info, 4, 9, s-info). I have a box where Bluetooth doesn't work. Also annoying. This is a fault in the box. I am in contact with seller/factory about it. I mean also your fault might be a fault in box. But try factory reset first

geraray

Aug 7, 2019
Ok. That's strange. I don't think there is a setting for this. Try a factory reset (s-info, 4, 9, s-info). I have a box where Bluetooth doesn't work. Also annoying. This is a fault in the box. I am in contact with seller/factory about it. I mean also your fault might be a fault in box. But try factory reset first
Thanks for your help, I will do a factory reset. thanks again.