• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

76 year old non-techie desperately needs help.

Merlin76

Dec 5, 2018
Hi my wife is very ill and I desperately want to set up IPTV for her to watch. We have both MAG 254 and MAG 322 boxes to use and can get Formuler Z7+ Android box.

We only have download speed of between 3 and 5 - but previously had perfect reception from NTV for 2 years before Cyprus police closed them down. Now we are looking at other services and have tried many but cannot get decent reception from any - sometimes some channels are passable in mornings when low demand, but generally not watchable.

Unable to understand why as we had near perfect reception with NTV on 3/5 mbps. When I ask suppliers tend to say oh you need 6/8 even for SD - then why did we get perfect reception with NTV on 3/5?

Am desperate to do this for my wife - so any suggestions or advice on above would be welcomed. Sadly I am a complete non-techie.

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
Hi Merlin76, sorry to read about your wife hope she gets well soon.

with the speed you mention most iptv companies will have problems in delivering an almost problem free service to you. The more download speed the more reliable the system is.

Are you fixed to your provider? i had a look and only 1 company i could find offers from Cablenet at about 16 download.. you can check for the speed in your area here.. https://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/isp-directory/Cyprus.html

Merlin76

Dec 5, 2018
Thanks for reply Kielbear - sorry I have confused you. I'm not in Cyprus, that's where NTV where based. I'm actually in France.

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
Ok. np but Same idea applies.. I´ve clients in France i´ll ask them who their with and who´s reliable.. price etc and get back to you..

A few to choose from.. SFR.. NOS.. Orange.. Have a word with a local provider and see whats on offer in your area then change for a faster speed. I´d look at 16 minimum download.

or search the internet and maybe find a iptv provider that`ll be happy to provide iptv with your download speeds.

Good luck

Last edited: