• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

any experience of the new shield 2019?

Alexander R

Aug 10, 2017
Hi,
I am thinking about an upgrade to the 2019 Shield to get the AI picture upscaling, i have a feeling that it would make a massive difference on some of the channels on rapid but want to ask if anyone tried it and its noticable?

Reactions: Stradi

lasty

Jan 1, 2020
I am using two 2019 Shield TV units. The basic / tube model (with less RAM) and the Pro model.

Aside from the lack of inputs and the strange design, both models perform equally for IPTV and Plex. For IPTV I use the TiviMate app, works like a charm.

Now for the upscaling question, Yes upscaling works pretty well. It's a good feature that warrants the upgrade over the earlier Shield TV models. For CLEAN 720p/1080p streams, the difference is noticable. Its minimal, but it's there. Now if the stream is already horrible (blocky / banding) the upscaling won't make much of a difference. It won't fix horrible picture quality.

All in all the Shield TV is the ultimate box for me. It has all the features you need, and the speed is incredible.

Stradi

Verified & Trusted Reseller
Reseller
Jan 24, 2020
Reseller ID
plexes567@gmail.com
Hi,
I am thinking about an upgrade to the 2019 Shield to get the AI picture upscaling, i have a feeling that it would make a massive difference on some of the channels on rapid but want to ask if anyone tried it and its noticable?
Hi! Im'm using Nvidia Shield, running Smart IPTV app, and it runs really well, smooth, modern and easy to use. Apart from that you can install plenty of apps, Netflix, Plex, Spotify etc. as well as pair almost any bluetooth device to it, like PS4 controllers, speakers with BT.. I think you will not be dissapointed with shield. Cheers

Reactions: Alexander R

Alexander R

Aug 10, 2017
Hi! Im'm using Nvidia Shield, running Smart IPTV app, and it runs really well, smooth, modern and easy to use. Apart from that you can install plenty of apps, Netflix, Plex, Spotify etc. as well as pair almost any bluetooth device to it, like PS4 controllers, speakers with BT.. I think you will not be dissapointed with shield. Cheers
Thank you, I use the 2017 model today and are very happy with the performance. It's the upscaling in the 2019 model I am wondering about.

Is it worth upgrading from 2017 to 2019, do the upscaling increase the picture quality of rapid IPTV?

Stradi

Reseller
Jan 24, 2020
Reseller ID
plexes567@gmail.com
Thank you, I use the 2017 model today and are very happy with the performance. It's the upscaling in the 2019 model I am wondering about.

Is it worth upgrading from 2017 to 2019, do the upscaling increase the picture quality of rapid IPTV?
2019 is supposed to be 25% faster than 2017. Nevertheless they are quite similar unfortunately.

Tech upgrades on 2019 include Dolby vision, dobly atmos and some really nice AI-Enhancement. Note that this are for streaming and movies only. Runs very good emulators (Saturn, Dreamcast, Nintendo Cube, Nintendo 64, Playstation etc.) with fast performance and visuals. FPS are also steady during gameplay.

If you already own a 2017 and are considering to buy the 2019 there is no reason to upgrade, pretty much the same stuff unless you want that AI enhancement, then try to perhaps get it on sale or try out if possible. If you don’t own an Nvidia Shield the for sure get one, it’s awesome. Cheers!

Reactions: nod and Alexander R

nod

Jan 5, 2020
Thanks for the feedback. I have the 2017 model as well as is very happy with it. I read in several reviews that the remote coming with 2019 should be better, can you say anything that. I tried to look for resellers of this remote, but it seems to be sold out. Thanks in advance!

Stradi

Reseller
Jan 24, 2020
Reseller ID
plexes567@gmail.com
The remote of the 2019 Nvidia Shield is very user friendly indeed and as you say it's sold out in many places due to its popularity, even Nvidia's website has sold out on the remote. I think it's speaks for it self, when you are able get it if you would like a change and have the money for it. Cheers

Reactions: FiyiK and nod

edlkll

Feb 15, 2019
Reseller ID
551923ed.
I just got mine about 2 months ago and its the 2019 Nvidia Shield. Never used a older one so I cant compare. Great unit and I love it compared to some of the other
android boxes I have had.

Hash7070

Oct 29, 2020
The ai scaling just adds sharpness but u can get the same affect adjusting ur tv settings,if u already have the older sheild then it's not worth upgrading to,but you could order one off amazon and if u don't like it you can jst send it bck for a refund