• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Buffering issue: Tvheadend on NAS with kodi client on Android Smart TV

l.skov1234

Jan 31, 2020
Hi all,

I am experiencing some annoying buffering issues when streaming IPTV from my Synology to my Sony Smart TV using Kodi.

My setup:
I have installed tvheadend on my Synology NAS DS218+.
I use the client for Kodi on my Smart TV to stream from the tvheadsend server installed on my NAS.
On the NAS I have installed a fast VPN connection, NordVPN (I dont believe this is the cause of the stuttering).

Streaming the IPTV directly to my Smart TV using Perfect Player works without any buffering issues.

tvheadend version installed on the NAS is: 4.3.20191128~221c29b-17.

Is there any way to tweak the settings on the tvheadend server to get rid of the buffering issues? I have read that some people suggest turning off automatic scan, which I will try.
Anyone who have experience with resolving these stuttering issues with other methods?

Some people suggest using the Simple Client for Kodi to connect to the tvheadend server. I tried, but it doesnt show any channels in Kodi using my credentials like this: "http://yourusername:yourpassword@your-tvheadend-ip:9981/playlist"

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks a lot.

tjockis

Jan 22, 2019
Sweden
My setup:
I have installed tvheadend on my Synology NAS DS218+.
I use the client for Kodi on my Smart TV to stream from the tvheadsend server installed on my NAS.
On the NAS I have installed a fast VPN connection, NordVPN (I dont believe this is the cause of the stuttering).
<SNIP>
Tvheadend and IPTV is a PITA... https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/29249
There are ways, but there are problems...

l.skov1234

Jan 31, 2020
Yes it is indeed a PITA :)
And the setup seems overwhelmingly difficult.

Are there any good alternative software solutions to run server (on a NAS) / client (preferably Kodi) IPTV and VOD?

tjockis

Jan 22, 2019
Sweden
NextPVR is simple and useful, but I have no idea how to run that on your NAS, probably trough a docker image - but that stuff is for you to figure out.

l.skov1234

Jan 31, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion. Installed a TVmosaic server on the NAS and installed the tvmosaic client in Kodi. All channels are now working flawlessly, but there is no VOD content being loaded :anguished: Seems like its difficult to find software that adresses all issues of IPTV...

Reactions: tjockis