• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Dreambox 500 HD with Newnigma2; Setting up for IPTV

Thunder

Aug 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie on the IPTV/Dreambox topic and would be thankful for your kind help.

I did see the video procedure to update the box to make it ready for IPTV.

I gave it a shot, but couldn't get set it up due to password failure. I did try "root" and also a blank, but have not made any headway thus far.
So, it got me thinking about my box being modified some years ago to Newnigma2 and if that in any way, this causes hinderances to setting it up as per the above video?

Any advise would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks & have a relaxing Sunday!

Thunder

Aug 20, 2017
@Stehanre, I tried dreambox, but without success :-(

@FreddyK
Thanks. I downloaded the .nfi file off from the OpenATV site and have tried to re-flash it via the browser & upload via putty/dcce etc. After a couple of attempts via the browser method, I still see newnigma2 on there and the password problem remains, when I try performing the updates as shown in the above video. Hmm...

Thank you both!

FreddyK

Jan 7, 2017
I use the power button when i turn on the box and after a while it will show STOP with IP.
After that you go to the browser and upload the file and wait until it's flashed.
Don't do anything before that or it will fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder

Thunder

Aug 20, 2017
Hi FreddyK,

Thanks for your continued help!

I was finally able to get the firmware updated; I am guessing that I messed up somewhere in my initial attempts and the browser-based update never worked thereafter; it just took me to the Dreambox webcontrol.

I went back to trying out Universal dreamup, which worked like a charm this time around. In order to prevent any mix-up between 500 HD V1 and V2 firmwares (not sure, if there is a difference at the s/w level), I installed a Novemer 2012 version of the s/w.

Now, I can use the eSettings+ tool to connect to the unit. So, I believe I should be good to go ahead with a trial now :)

Thanks again for your support!

Thunder

Aug 20, 2017
I was trying to get back to a functional Dreambox again with that version, FreddieK!

In the last few minutes, I have updated to the latest version from the link you provided me and this interface is so smooth compared to the old versions that I have been using over the years.

Right then. It's all systems go now for an IPTV trial :)

Thanks again, for your kind assistance!

Thunder

Aug 20, 2017
I use the power button when i turn on the box and after a while it will show STOP with IP.
After that you go to the browser and upload the file and wait until it's flashed.
Don't do anything before that or it will fail.

@FreddyK: Hope all is well.

My dreambox worked well with Open ATV until a couple of weeks back, wherein the IPTV bouquet just ended up being empty & started to show as "N/A".

Some of the free channels worked and I just thought that this was IPTV being down etc, as I had less time to watch TV in recent weeks. On a closer inspection today, I see that the free channels are being shown simply because my satellite dish is still connected to the dreambox.

With openATV, the above method to identify IP address by turning on the box with the power button depressed, does not work :-(

I wanted to reflash image to start off of a fresh base. But I noticed that the dreambox doesn't seem to be connected to the network. I exchanged the dreambox & xbox cables, but the problem did not move with the cable to Xbox.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions!
Thanks!!

Thunder

Aug 20, 2017
Oh well. I was able to regain access to the Dreambox after re-plugging in all network cables and a router/dreambox restart.

I'll have to see if this issue with loss of bouquet data pops up again.