• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Help chosing a box that's as easy as it can be

mabbe

Jun 26, 2019
Hi,

I've been helping out the in-laws with their IPTV solution, which is a Raspberry Pi 3 with Kodi, and then the Simple IPTV client. This is OK, but the ease of use isn't really there. The EPG has never worked and they use the same remote for the Pi and the TV. If they wonder off from the IPTV menu, they are in trouble.

SO, long story short - WHICH box should I get for them instead? The box must be able to connect to some kind of portal like the MAG, so one link gives them both channels, epg and logos. And the box GUI must be senior friendly.

Any suggestions? An android box or the TVIP box? I've read several news about MAG going out of service as they are trying to prohibit copyright infringement. Or is this not a case any longer?

Kind regards,
Mabbe

uriX

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵Highly recommended ✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
Reseller
Hi @mabbe, I recommend TVIP 605. It can be used both with MAG portal and with M3U url. I bought one from eBay that is much cheaper than buying it from sweden. I paid SEK 750 for my box just before 2 weeks ago. If you love Android box, Formulas Z8 recommends or buy any Android TV stick from eBay.

Reactions: mabbe
Jan 7, 2019
Reseller ID
droelfmalbumst
Take the Formuler Z7+ or Formuler Z8
integrated IPTV App called "myiptvonline" which is fantastic. absolut easy set up and tons of options.

I cannot understand how people can use Kodi or Smarters...absolute shitty

Reactions: mabbe and uriX

mabbe

Jun 26, 2019
Thanks guys. I actually went with the TVIP 410 yesterday, as I had to have it quickly and don't need the extras that the 605 has. I hope that I'll be satisified with that choice.

Reactions: uriX
Jan 7, 2019
Reseller ID
droelfmalbumst
low RAM Memory means it works slow and gets overloaded quickly... this can mean lag, freeze, buffering...

mabbe

Jun 26, 2019
low RAM Memory means it works slow and gets overloaded quickly... this can mean lag, freeze, buffering...
Well, I'll have to try it out. I have already bought it. As I mentioned, it's going to be used only watching TV. And I've been using a RP3 with Kodi before, so I guess this will be an upgrade nevertheless.

mabbe

Jun 26, 2019
sure. it will work for what you need I guess
If I hadn't already ordered the TVIP 410 I'd follow your recommendation and get the Formuler. I've heard good about them. Do they have a portal URL like the mag/tvip for combined tv and epg? Or they use different URLs? As I have a RP3 with Kodi and simple iptv client, I still haven't been able to get a working EPG list..