• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Help finding very basic IPTV box for elderly mother

mike613ottawa

May 26, 2023
I'm hoping somebody can help. I'm looking for an IPTV box that is extremely basic and easy to use. It will be used by my 84 year old mother who suffers from dementia and is easily confused, so I'm looking for one with no apps, that is as close to a traditional cable box as possible just to watch TV and punch in channel numbers. The one that was recommended to me is the Dreamlink Dlite+ 5G but I also see the Dreamlink Dlite W on Amazon, and am not sure what the difference is. I have tried different apps on Android TV but they are too complicated for her.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
I'm hoping somebody can help. I'm looking for an IPTV box that is extremely basic and easy to use. It will be used by my 84 year old mother who suffers from dementia and is easily confused, so I'm looking for one with no apps, that is as close to a traditional cable box as possible just to watch TV and punch in channel numbers. The one that was recommended to me is the Dreamlink Dlite+ 5G but I also see the Dreamlink Dlite W on Amazon, and am not sure what the difference is. I have tried different apps on Android TV but they are too complicated for her.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
android box... you can install nearly all apps on it... try an app which is easy to handle... like XCIPTV.

mike613ottawa

May 26, 2023
XCIPTV is actually what I have been trying to get her to use, but even opening the app, choosing "live TV", and then going to the favourites list to pick a channel and going back to pick a different channel is too complicated for her, despite having written step by step instructions. Ideally I'm hoping for an IPTV box which always stays on streaming a channel, and then the remote to go with it with the numbers to enter channel numbers directly. This is how she always watched TV in the past, and I feel it's "engraved" in her long term memory and might work better for her.

I appreciate the reply!

Reactions: Pinny007

dogandpig

Jan 15, 2024
I like Tivimate the best. It looks like the old school channel guide that a lot of people are used to seeing. There's also a setting that makes the app automatically launch when the device is turned on. You might have to test that to make sure it works on your device.

Speaking of the device, I'd recommend Walmart's Onn boxes for $20. Straight Google TV so you can install Tivimate right from the Play Store. And there's a setting called "apps only" that turns off almost everything except the apps you installed so declutters everything.