• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Is using Nvidia Shield better/faster than the iptv boxes?

gazonkapede

Apr 8, 2018
Smart iptv also seems to be a good one but must be sideloaded as far as I know. Still on my list to try. You can try Perfect Player for free from the normal play store. Works great with the normal remotes.
If you are talking about smart iptv, isn't that the one you for smart tv's.? But if you are talkingsmarters iptv then that is in the play store and works well on android boxes

muli

Apr 17, 2017
Is it just mine, or does the stb emulator pro crashes really frequently on the shield? That was the program i hoped to use... but since its crashing im probably gonna use Perfect player or Extreme player pro. Was hyped to use a Mag-box emulator... So dissapointed :/

powerop

Apr 17, 2017
Been researching Android boxes for a few days and wonder if you guys know whether Nvidia Shield supports 3D movies or not? If it doesn't can you recommend me an Android box that supports 4K video, 3D movies and has at least 802.11n wifi? I have a MAG254w1, but would like to use both Kodi as well as watching streamed 3K movies and have faster WiFi.

muli

Apr 17, 2017
Been researching Android boxes for a few days and wonder if you guys know whether Nvidia Shield supports 3D movies or not? If it doesn't can you recommend me an Android box that supports 4K video, 3D movies and has at least 802.11n wifi? I have a MAG254w1, but would like to use both Kodi as well as watching streamed 3K movies and have faster WiFi.
The shield supports anything. To support 3d movies, you have to have a tv that supports it. It's actually the tv that does the heavy liftin there. When it comes to 4k video, if you want it to be good then the only option is the Shield. But dont forget that your tv must support HDCP 2.2, or else it wont work. I tried my shield on my brothers tv, and he only had one port that supported the HDCP 2.2. Just a heads up if you buy it.

paddyofla123

Jan 8, 2019
Hi a nvidia shield tv owner for about 2 weeks now
Initially thought was a overkill for my needs basically iptv and thought the colours were bit washed on smart iptv app , compared with smart iptv app on my samsung tv. But then i discovered where the power of shield really shine , was using Emby with a paid share service on my samsung tv and was really feed up with freezing and crashing . Nvidia shield is really a beast , 4k HDR play fantastic
Yes is a expensive device and i tried all iptv apps and they are not that great , only smart iptv is something friendly and easy to use but is missing a -roper dedicated iptv app like formuler box has for example
bought nvidia shield more for plex and emby use rather iptv, but love it so much now, proper android tv for big tv screens not like android boxes zoomed up on big tv

hi mate who is your emby server with , and what is it like

Tom1964

Feb 8, 2019
United kingdom
A quick summary on pros and cons of Nvidia Shield as im thinking of buying one. Is there a browser? Anything that anyone can think off would be great.

collectors

Mar 12, 2019
Hi, apart from IPTV i wanted to buy & use Nvidia Shield for X-Plane flight simulator or similar. Has anyone tried this box for gaming?, as if it works ok, it will save me upgrading my computer to cope with games. Thanks

kidlighting

Mar 27, 2019
I have shield for around 5 year and just start using iptv on it few thing learn is you have vpn on it dozen not help should be turn off or to close city to you . It cause freezing and buffing it seem to screw up your ip address.It good box fast up date all the time .

kidlighting

Mar 27, 2019
One other thing I find you must sideload a lot of your apps and used Es file explorer but they making it hard all the time to do this!

Flipper

Apr 30, 2019
A quick summary on pros and cons of Nvidia Shield as im thinking of buying one. Is there a browser? Anything that anyone can think off would be great.
Nvidia Shield has a very fast processor. Don't get the 16MB get the cheaper 1. You can buy a 4 or 5TB external HD you can connect to the shield for cheap. As for browsers you could sideload a couple different ones depending on which you prefer. I really have not found any Cons with Nvidia Shield.

I have shield for around 5 year and just start using iptv on it few thing learn is you have vpn on it dozen not help should be turn off or to close city to you . It cause freezing and buffing it seem to screw up your ip address.It good box fast up date all the time .
Depending on where you live you really don't need a VPN. As long as you are not torrenting a VPN is not needed. All you do is connect Nvidia Shield via ethernet cable to your ISP router. Now if you are still worried about your ISP and you feel safer using a VPN stay away from free VPN's they move like pushing a giant turd into the toilet. Best VPN's are payed and are based in countries outside of the USA and UK. You want a VPN you can install into a separate Router thats loaded with DD-WRT. Once the router is configured and loaded with the VPN just plug it into the ISP router and they won't see anything. This setup will give you more than enough speeds to watch any HD IPTV channels and do torrenting without any need to worry. That's the way I've been doing this over many years. Plus you'll have extra wifi that will run through the VPN.