• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.
  • Urgent Action! Today you must withdraw all crypto balances from Coinbase Commerce to your personal wallets! And do not upgrade your account there.

Kodi and VOD

vinter

Feb 1, 2019
Hello

I couldnt find a tutorial on this. Is there a better solution in Kodi to have all VODs in a folder for example, than having all them under the giant channel list in TV / Channels? Maybe to get the TV Shows in Kodis "TV Shows" Section and the movies in the "Movie" section?

Thank you

Justwatch

Reseller
Dec 4, 2017
Reseller ID
Earnmonitor
Hello

I couldnt find a tutorial on this. Is there a better solution in Kodi to have all VODs in a folder for example, than having all them under the giant channel list in TV / Channels? Maybe to get the TV Shows in Kodis "TV Shows" Section and the movies in the "Movie" section?

Thank you
Better use a dedicated VOD server with VOD and TV series. It is a paid subscription depending on period but works perfectly and constantly updated

Reactions: vinter

Fripsy

Sep 24, 2019
I know this is an old thread... but...

Being fed up with the huge channel list (TV stations, movies, series, ...), I came up with a solution that filters TV, movies, series, etc. and creates files in the right places which Kodi can handle.

The TV channel list now contains ONLY live TV channels, series are in the "TV Shows" section with all the info coming from the scraper, idem for movies.
The end result is that it looks like all VOD streams are local files, stored in their proper places... just what I wanted!

For now, this is running on a separate server witch has access to my LibreElec installation.
Configuration is done through a simple web interface from any computer on my network.

If there is enough interest, I will look into creating an add-on for Kodi/LibreElec.

Now I just have to wait until the VOD streams are working again...

Cheers,
Fripsy

Reactions: Carpy and vinter

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense

Being fed up with the huge channel list (TV stations, movies, series, ...), I came up with a solution that filters TV, movies, series, etc. and creates files in the right places which Kodi can handle.

The TV channel list now contains ONLY live TV channels, series are in the "TV Shows" section with all the info coming from the scraper, idem for movies.
The end result is that it looks like all VOD streams are local files, stored in their proper places... just what I wanted!

For now, this is running on a separate server witch has access to my LibreElec installation.
Configuration is done through a simple web interface from any computer on my network.

If there is enough interest, I will look into creating an add-on for Kodi/LibreElec.

Cheers,
Fripsy
Sounds really nice ! VOD is up and running, Series are still down ;)

Upvote for a nice addon for KODI :)

vinter

Feb 1, 2019

Cheers,
Fripsy
No chance for OSMC?

Fripsy

Sep 24, 2019
I decided to create an add-on anyway, because it will be useful to me...
Once it is finished I will make it available to everyone.

Don't ask me for a timeline on delivery, as time is limited for me now, this post is merely a teaser...:D

This add-on should work on every Kodi/LibreElec install as long as you have the possibility to install add-ons from a zip-file.

Once the add-on is available, I will make an announcement here and create a new thread for it.

Until then... patience... :)
Fripsy.

Chris0712

Mar 31, 2017
Hey Guys,

is there any solution for the VODs in Kodi? At this time my Line works with the Simple IPTV Client like a charme but the VOD Section is a bit ugly. XEEV aka Xtream Editor give TMDB/IMDB information to the VODs but the Simple IPTV Client can´t handle this. The IPTV.Community Kodi Addon doesn´t work on Kodi 18.

BR
Chris

Blackghost

Aug 26, 2017
I decided to create an add-on anyway, because it will be useful to me...
Once it is finished I will make it available to everyone.

Don't ask me for a timeline on delivery, as time is limited for me now, this post is merely a teaser...:D

This add-on should work on every Kodi/LibreElec install as long as you have the possibility to install add-ons from a zip-file.

Once the add-on is available, I will make an announcement here and create a new thread for it.

Until then... patience... :)
Fripsy.
Did you ever create an add-on, asking for a friend