• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Link or M3U? Differently?

Huhger

Jul 9, 2020
Hello everybody,

have been reading here for a long time, very interesting I think.

I have a few questions:
1. What difference does it make if you insert the link or the M3U file into an IPTV app?
2. If channels are updated or the sources change, is the link and in the M3U also updated automatically?
3. Or you have to create a new link or M3U from time to time on your own dashboard?
4. What would you prefer Link or M3U?
5. And how is it if you edit the M3U file yourself and create folders for yourself and move the channels back and forth, that works quite well for me, but what I would like to know is whether it will also be possible Sources or similar continue to update?

Thank you in advance.

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Hello everybody,

have been reading here for a long time, very interesting I think.

I have a few questions:
1. What difference does it make if you insert the link or the M3U file into an IPTV app? Not sure if you maybe mean Login using Xtreme code And M3U ?
2. If channels are updated or the sources change, is the link and in the M3U also updated automatically? updated automatically :)
3. Or you have to create a new link or M3U from time to time on your own dashboard? No :)
4. What would you prefer Link or M3U? Xtreme Code login as this also pulls the EPG from server
5. And how is it if you edit the M3U file yourself and create folders for yourself and move the channels back and forth, that works quite well for me, but what I would like to know is whether it will also be possible Sources or similar continue to update? In this case you need to update everytime channels are updated.

Thank you in advance.

Huhger

Jul 9, 2020
Hey thanks in advance
1. I mean, does it make a difference if i insert the link (URL) into the IPTV app or if i insert the M3U file?

What do you mean by Xtream Code? Do you mean the Editor?

Reactions: Hectorious

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hey thanks in advance
1. I mean, does it make a difference if i insert the link (URL) into the IPTV app or if i insert the M3U file?

What do you mean by Xtream Code? Do you mean the Editor?
Hi @Huhger
it is always better to use the m3u http link instead of the real m3u file, cause when server source is changed, you wont be able to reach the channel through local m3u file and you need to download it again.
if you add the http m3u to your device, the channel list etc. is always up to date ;)