• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

MAG 351/352 Technical Issues

IPTV Community

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 3, 2015
iptv.community
Hello,

This thread is dedicated to technical question and installation tutorials regarding MAG 351/352.
Feel free to submit your questions and receive technical support from other community members.

Reactions: Nonid

IPMONSTER

Jan 24, 2019
Hello everybody, I'm interested in a MAG 351. You can read all about it: optional Android TV. How is this to be understood? Where can I download an image? Or does it have a dual boat?
Thank you for a short answer

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
I´m sure the ads you see mentioning tv android as option with the 352 are a bit confusing. I believe the only way is to use the Magic cast app installed in the box.. It can be found in settings menu.. With Magic cast you can cast the signals to an Android tv that has the ability to connect to the Magic cast app.

affeaffo

Oct 10, 2018
I have a mag 351. It works but it have a few issues.
1. Starting up device, it stays on for a few seconds then shutdown. Then you need to boot it up again and then in works.
2. Subtitles don't autostart.
3. Removing channels or countrys in dashboard is still visible in the box.

But the box is extremely fast in loading menu and content.

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
I have a mag 351. It works but it have a few issues.
1. Starting up device, it stays on for a few seconds then shutdown. Then you need to boot it up again and then in works.
Thats clearly not right.. Have you tried a factory reset? if not use the small button marked FN..

The service button (FN button) is located on the rear panel of the STB. It is intended to emergency recovery STB operation.

To select certain emergency boot mode press and hold service button before the power is supplied. The current mode is signaled by means of LED: each mode has a unique indication. After decision interval is expired (you should keep hold the button), the system automatically switches to the next boot mode. To activate a certain boot mode you must stop pressing the button during the required mode.

• Mode 1 (LED white, slow blinking ). Selecting alternative NAND - if for some reason the download or update of the software from the current memory bank has not been successful, this mode switches the loading from the alternative flash memory bank;
  • Mode 2 (LED white, quick blinking). Reset to factory settings - if some STB settings do not allow to boot, you may need to reset the environment variables of the STB software to initial value;
  • Mode 3 (LED white, lights constantly). Emergency startup - loading the System Recovery Utility menu via USB or over the network (requesting update data via DHCP protocol) - in some cases, if you can not boot from modes 1-2, this mode is used.

affeaffo

Oct 10, 2018
Thats clearly not right.. Have you tried a factory reset? if not use the small button marked FN..

The service button (FN button) is located on the rear panel of the STB. It is intended to emergency recovery STB operation.

To select certain emergency boot mode press and hold service button before the power is supplied. The current mode is signaled by means of LED: each mode has a unique indication. After decision interval is expired (you should keep hold the button), the system automatically switches to the next boot mode. To activate a certain boot mode you must stop pressing the button during the required mode.

• Mode 1 (LED white, slow blinking ). Selecting alternative NAND - if for some reason the download or update of the software from the current memory bank has not been successful, this mode switches the loading from the alternative flash memory bank;
  • Mode 2 (LED white, quick blinking). Reset to factory settings - if some STB settings do not allow to boot, you may need to reset the environment variables of the STB software to initial value;
  • Mode 3 (LED white, lights constantly). Emergency startup - loading the System Recovery Utility menu via USB or over the network (requesting update data via DHCP protocol) - in some cases, if you can not boot from modes 1-2, this mode is used.
Thanks for the info. I will try this tomorrow. But I have 2 boxes and it's exactly the same on both

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
I´ve also two boxes and both work normally.. 1 i bought as a test/trial box for 4K and the other to sell to clients