• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

New to IPTV: is there a difference betw a standard Box and the pricier ones ?

dork lard

Jul 29, 2021
Hi forum. I'm about to acquire a box. I'm looking at the options on Amazon and reading the comments. I'm tempting to get one of those X96 boxes, but lots of people have complained about the connection bandwidth being poor. Also, stopped working after about 8 months. I've got fiber optic and I'm merely looking to have the channels broadcast with no lagging. Do I really need to spend 150€ ish for that ? Thank you.

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hi forum. I'm about to acquire a box. I'm looking at the options on Amazon and reading the comments. I'm tempting to get one of those X96 boxes, but lots of people have complained about the connection bandwidth being poor. Also, stopped working after about 8 months. I've got fiber optic and I'm merely looking to have the channels broadcast with no lagging. Do I really need to spend 150€ ish for that ? Thank you.
You can try the amazon fire tv stick, it's running with android and you'll be able to install nearly all IPTV apps on it. The price is fair, around 40 Eur and if you need help with set-up, feel free to contact me ;)

dork lard

Jul 29, 2021
You can try the amazon fire tv stick, it's running with android and you'll be able to install nearly all IPTV apps on it. The price is fair, around 40 Eur and if you need help with set-up, feel free to contact me ;)
Thanks for the reply. I'm having a look right now. Just: what do you mean "nearly all IPTV apps" ? How many are there ? I thought it would just be one app with all the channels ?...

Reactions: Hectorious

dork lard

Jul 29, 2021
There are different apps like smart IPTV (sitpv), XCIPTV, Tivimate etc.:
Thanks.
Say, I've read quite a few reviews on Amazon about the 4K Fire Stick and lots of people are complaining about the usual things (unstable picture, hacked up connection...). Is there a way to know for sure what I'm going to get will simply work smoothly at under 100€ ?

jimbob007

Jul 10, 2021
I JUST ORDERED ONE OF THESE. Because I Didn't WANT TO OVERPAY. SPECS LOOK OK TO...
HK1 Box Android 9 TV Box 2021 - 4Gb RAM + 64Gb ROM Amlogic S905X3 WiFi/Bluetooth

PTF94

Mar 11, 2021
Beware that cheaper boxes have inferior Wi-Fi connection (the antennas and chipsets are awful and some only have 2.4GHz Wi-Fi), only Megabit ethernet and awful video processing (cheaper boxes can't deinterlace with hardware processing, only through software processing). Better boxes tend to feature 5GHz Wi-Fi, better internet connection and better video processing. A Fire Stick or even a Xiaomi Mi Box S are decent and flexible enough.

A decent choice would be to use your Smart TV, if you have one. Buy a small VPN router (you can find one for around 20 euros) to get around blockade and have the connection and video processing issues solved.

jimbob007

Jul 10, 2021
whats your thought on this box please, X88 King 4GB+128GB Android 9.0 TV Box Smart Amlogic Play S922X Dual WIFI .....

The new Amlogic s922x X88 KING android tv box have versions with 4GB of RAM and eMMc storage memory. At the level of wireless connectivity Wifi aC dual band and Bluetooth 5.0, a USB 2.0 port, another USB 3.0, analog audio and video port, a Gigabit Ethernet connector and an HDMI 2.1 video output with 4K@24fps support with HDR. The operating system is Android 9.0.

This is the perfect combo for Android gaming. you will receive an H96 max with 4gb ram and 128gb storage which makes this capable of playing android games like FIFA and larger games with more graphics. You can buy a wireless gamepad controller which is perfect for gaming.

Advanced Android 9.0 OS: X88 KING is at the moment one of the first TV Boxes which runs on Android 9.0 an update to Oreo that showcases more ways to express yourself, along with a handful of other features and improvements to stability as well as performance.

Powerful Amlogic S922X Chipset: The powerful box runs Android Oreo on Amlogic S922X, an upgrade of its S912 octocore predecessor with the same quad-core Cortex A73 cores paired with an ARM G52 MP6 GPU but adding 8K decoding, which is the absolute mainstream decoding formats around the global in the future.

DDR4 4GB RAM, eMMC Flash Storage: advantageous in performance, security and reliability, ascribing to the eMMC memory, ultimately delivering a richer end-user experience.

True 8K*4K 24fps Media Player: While your average media box might only accept 1080P video playback, this gadget plays just about any 4K sources you could throw at it.

These android boxes has Bluetooth functionality, so easily connect it to your phone or other devices like Bluetooth speakers.

This device works with DStv now, Netflix, showmax, and youtube. It can as well play any Android game easily.

System
CPU S922X Hexa-core 64bit Cortex-A73 +A53
GPU Mali-G52 MP6
MemoryDDR4: 4GB
FlasheMMC:128GB
WiFiIEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n ; 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz
Bluetooth BT 5.0 (Support Voice Remote)
MoudlePlastic : Black Color
I/O1*HDMIHDMI 2.1 ,Support HDMI CEC, Dynamic HDR and and 8Kx4K@24 max resolution output
1*AV OUT480i/576i standard definition output
2*USB1 * USB 3.0 ; 1*USB 2.0
1*IR ReciverRemote Reciver Connect
1*RJ45Ethernet Interface;Support 100M/1000M
1*TF CARDSupport 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB
SPDIFSupport
1*DC 5V/2A
PowerDC 5V/2A;LED indicator,Working :Blue;

Software
OSAndroid 9.0
Video Amlogic Video Engine (AVE) with dedicated hardware decoders and encoders
 Support multi-video decoder up to 4x1080P@60fps
 Supports multiple “secured” video decoding sessions and simultaneous decoding and encoding
 Video/Picture Decoding
- VP9 Profile-2 up to 8Kx4K@24 fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10@L5.1 up to 8Kx4K@24 fps
- AVS2-P2 Profile up to 8Kx4K@24 fps
- H.264 AVC HP@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@30fps
- MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
- WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
- AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
- MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-13818)
- MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-11172)
- RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P@60fps
- Multiple language and multiple format sub-title video support
- MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixel resolution decoding (ISO/IEC-10918)
- Supports JPEG thumbnail, scaling, rotation and transition effects
- Supports *.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.dat, *.avi, *.mov, *.iso, *.mp4, *.rm and *.jpg file formats
AudioSupports MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
Low-power VAD
Built-in serial digital audio SPDIF/IEC958 input/output and PCM input/output
3 built-in TDM/PCM/I2S ports with TDM/PCM mode up to 384kHz x 32bits x 16ch or 96kHz x 32bits x 32ch and I2S mode up to 384kHz x 32bits x 16ch
Digital microphone PDM input with programmable CIC, LPF & HPF, support up to 8 DMICs
Built-in stereo audio DAC
Supports concurrent dual audio stereo channel output with combination of analog+PCM or I2S+PCM
ImageHD JPEG、BMP、GIF、PNG、TIF
LanguageEnglish French German Spanish Italian etc multilateral languages
Appliactions
OnlineBrowse all video websites,support Netflix,Hulu,Flixster, Youtube, etc.
AppsApps download freely form android market、amazon app store etc.
MediumLocal Media playback,Support HDD, U Disck ,TF Card .
Talk onlineSupport SKYPE video call ,MSN , facebook ,twitter ,QQ etc
OthersSupport Email,office suit etc.
Support DLNA function
Support 2.4G wireless mouse/keyboard

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
If I was on a budget and wasn't in a position to get an Nvidia shield TV pro. I would look at getting a box like the one you are talking about there. One with an Amlogic CPU. I would then Flash it's ROM with a custom operating system like Slimbox. I've got it on a Transpeed TV box and it turned it into an absolute beast.

Warning you can brick your box if you don't know what you are doing. Had to say that so I don't get blamed for causing someone to ruin their box.