• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

NVidia Shield TV What software works?

rokudisco

Dec 21, 2016
Nvidia Shield with iptv app from play store from alex.

Then setup to use vlc for android as player, starts channel faster than any other device on the market also support all texts that other devices/players dont.

ola

Dec 10, 2016
Netherlands
I'm also using perfect player. I find it the best app. It allows for easy ignore groups and separates favorites from the whole list fast done. It runs smooth and can merge the EPG's from rapid iptv into one list.

One thing though, you have to change the default decoder ( I think it was to HW ), otherwise some channels will not load.
Subtitles in VOD only work with, I believe, the HW+ decoder, frankly for VOD, I swith to kodi. Kodi 17 work fine on the shield. No special version needed.

labalele

Dec 29, 2016
Nvidia Shield with iptv app from play store from alex.

Then setup to use vlc for android as player, starts channel faster than any other device on the market also support all texts that other devices/players dont.
Just tried it, audio is not in sycn for me in vlc on HD channels :(

dudenl

Jan 27, 2017
Reseller ID
dudenl
I'm running a 2015 and 2017 Shield with Smart IPTV.
Never wanna use something else anymore, and believe me, I tried them all...

Also most of my clients run Smart IPTV. It runs very wel on every Android box with 2GB (run 1GB is slow).

Never been banned because of it...

I made a few Kodi builds for Android devices (and also for my Shields)
Love the Titan Skin, easy tiles and you can set Android apps in homescreen.
From here I can run Netflix, Smart IPTV and all needed Kodi addons from 1 screen... Love it...

File_000 (2).jpeg

Last edited:

Ferry

Feb 1, 2018
Hi guys,
Firstly, thank u all for the advices.

Let's clarify my sitiation:
  • Giga Ethernet connected to the Shield TV
  • Fiber 200Mbits/200Mbits (Internet speed is not an issue)
  • I just bought the device, I didn't try to reset it, why do u think that it could solve the issue?
  • The issue seems to be a codec related because some channel works and others don't.
  • I had a look to the Smart IPTV version, and I read 1.3, where can I download the 1.3.6 version?
@harryporter: I'm just trying to use the GSE smart iptv app, I´ll let u know.
Is there any tutorial on app configuration? Thank u
Try iptv extreme pro

kraai

Mar 17, 2018
Yes iptv extreme works really good and lots of options like recording for example.

Ferry

Feb 1, 2018
Hi guys,
I bought the nvidia shield TV, I thought that it was a really good hardware but I have lots of problems with HD Channels.
I tried to use Mag emulator no way, Smart IPTV no way. Kodi seems to work but for lots of channels are slow and not syncronized.
So, the thing is that I don't really know what software to use, or if just return the shield tv because to me is not of use.

What do you think? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance.
OaicCiccio
Hi im using Smart tvip app and it runs great even on FHD

arian

Oct 13, 2016
Reseller ID
Arian71
Bought shield android tv 2017, yeah all apps work more or less the same but my problem is the picture is washed out and think upscaling on nvidia shield is not that great
smart iptv on my samsung tv , great picture , great upscaling wonder why this nearly 200 paunds device cant do the same, sending it back
dont see any reason and the hype about nvidia shield . Ok maybe apps run faster than on my tv but cant justify all that money for that little extra, also that remote control.. Is really appalling