• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Recover a clone MAG 322 from a clone kill

tommyo123

Apr 26, 2020
Have a MAG 322 that was killed under a firmware upgrade. The box is for sure a clone bought from some not so honest ebay seller. It was a good copy with seal and everything. Have tried to do some attempts to recover this disaster. Have tried to connect it to jtag using pin 9- TMS, 11 -TCK, 13 -TDI, 15 - TDO as described for some other boxes. That was no success, so I guess the layout for this box is different or disabled? Can anyone examined such a box shed some light on this?

I was however successful reading what I think was the bootloader with a SPI programmer. The size of that dump was 4 mb, and had some of my custom configuration. I guess the clonekiller did mess something with this flash, but it's hard to say when I have no references to a working dump. Have tried to search around for a full flash dump for this box, with no success. I could buy another working clonebox and examine it just for the sake of the challenge, but can't really see it's worth the money. Does anybody know exactly what this clonekiller code does, and what I can do to undo this? If someone has a full flash dump or could point out where to find such a dump it would probably be possible for me to recover this disaster.

I do however have this older nonblocking firmware, but that doesn't help when the bootloader seems to be broken because the screen is black and ethernet lights are stuck. Emergency recovery is of course not an options at this stage. I would appreciate any help I can get here, because I'm really stuck here since I don't have another working box I could examine or any other "google information".

Reactions: hacxx

tommyo123

Apr 26, 2020
A picture from inside the MAG.IMG_20200614_193320.jpg

If anyone has a working dump of this flash I would probable save the MAG. I would even consider a fee of €20 if anyone would dump their flash and share with me from a similar box. Please correct me if I'm on a wrong about that flashing a new firmware which is marked in the picture above would help. I thinks this is the bootloader?