• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Smart TV vs MAG box and other dedicated IPTV boxes

Frode Kristiansen

Jul 24, 2018
I have used my smart-TV and software Nanomid(cost around 10 Euro) for IPTV for nearly 2 years now.
Quite a few channels are suffering from buffering, can I expect better quality with a MAG BOX or other boxes (cost 150 Euros) and less buffering.
I use a ethernet cable and my broadband is not the issue.
No issue ever with buffering with Netflix,HBO and other streaming services on my TV.

I want to hear feedback from people who have tried both. Smart tv and dedicated box.

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
I have used my smart-TV and software Nanomid(cost around 10 Euro) for IPTV for nearly 2 years now.
Quite a few channels are suffering from buffering, can I expect better quality with a MAG BOX or other boxes (cost 150 Euros) and less buffering.
I use a ethernet cable and my broadband is not the issue.
No issue ever with buffering with Netflix,HBO and other streaming services on my TV.

I want to hear feedback from people who have tried both. Smart tv and dedicated box.
smart tv = limited cache/memory and no possibility to use vpn.
mag box is old fashion... better get an android box and you will enjoy best flexibility, you can install all apps and also vpn.
e.g. amazon fire tv stick OR xiaomi mi box.

vafler

Jul 25, 2022
I own a LG oled tv from 2020. I was thinking of buying chromecast so i can watch iptv there. My stream keep getting buffering and i was pretty sure it was my tv. So is chromecast recommended or should i go for something else?

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
I own a LG oled tv from 2020. I was thinking of buying chromecast so i can watch iptv there. My stream keep getting buffering and i was pretty sure it was my tv. So is chromecast recommended or should i go for something else?
I never tried Chromecast but I know that the amazon fire tv stick, Android OS, it runs pretty well and next week is black Friday, around 50% off :)

Reactions: vafler