• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Username and passwords, lowercase L and capital i !

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
Can you please stop using both capital L and lowercase l together with capital I and lowercase i , you have no idea what grief you have cased me and my customers with this in m3u links, and its not allways an option to copy and paste the long long link in every app, so arrow up, down side blabla. takes for ever and then its wrong anyway. same goes for zero and capital O, really it cant be that hard for you to not use those letters.

Reactions: Fredrik Larsson

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
Yes great idea, exept for what i understand i then have to rely on yet another server not going down, but thanks I will give it a go. :)

Reactions: Fredrik Larsson

FiyiK

Contact for Reseller Panels
Premium Member
Reseller
Jan 14, 2017
xs4iptv.xdns.pro
Reseller ID
StarScreaM
Tip:

Check the m3u link before you share it with your customer.
If it has a password with one of the mentioned characters, change the password till you get one without those characters.
If the username has those characters, copy and paste it on notepad, select the m3u line and change the font to one of the font styles which shows what the character is. Like "Comic Sans MS"
To do this: in the upper menu of notepad choose Format -> Font and change the font to something else. Let your customer know if its a lowercase L or capital i.

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
Thanks, have been doing that up to now. with words in my imac with command option c , just seem so unnecessary, as an electrician there are certain letters and numbers we are not allowed to use because of the risk of misunderstanding a cable marking. I'm pretty sure there would be enoght left to get a secure password if the risky ones would be lifted out of the equation. Anyway I will use the bitly that Nonid suggested from now on to save time and misunderstanding, going from 110 letters/signs to 21 is not bad, lets just hope there server are stable. thanks alot buddies:)

Kuben

Jan 19, 2017
Sweden
Hahah i been there. Took like 1 hour to realize why it didn't work, ,me and client shared a good laugh afterwards :D

Reactions: Nonid