• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

VOD 4K

FiyiK

Contact for Reseller Panels
Premium Member
Reseller
Jan 14, 2017
xs4iptv.xdns.pro
Reseller ID
StarScreaM
It depends on many factors if you're having problems with 4K VOD

1. Your connection has to be good / stable (stability is one of the most important points)
2. Try out a wired connection or WiFi 5GHz (make sure 5GHz has a different name if you're using 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
3. Your device needs to support 4K including "codecs" meant for 4K movies etc.

4K vods are approximately 40GB in filesize which is huge for streaming. Keep in mind, it needs the best connection you can get compared to other things you do on the internet (stability/speed/router settings).

FiyiK

Premium Member
Reseller
Jan 14, 2017
xs4iptv.xdns.pro
Reseller ID
StarScreaM
Me to, something with framerate perhaps?
I think it's not a frame rate issue. I think the most important thing with 4K =

4K device
Connection
Software

Even the software people use could give issues. Most of the softwares/apps have built in media players. Most of them suck!

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
1. 100Mb/s download actual 92Mb/s
2. Ethernet cable connection and nothing else in the household using internet
3. TVIP Box 605, really dont know what codecs it support.
4. Yes 4k TV

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
Have been watching 4k dutch channels when they were available, and it worked just fine then.

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
And what would be the easiest way to find out what codecs the movies has?

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
I also find the picture extremely bright when trying to watch 4k movies and not when watching a 4k channel?

FiyiK

Premium Member
Reseller
Jan 14, 2017
xs4iptv.xdns.pro
Reseller ID
StarScreaM
Your device also has to have a built in HEVC decoder. This is what enables the device to decode the 4K signal properly.

4K channels what you see, can't be compared to the 4K vods. They use a different way of compression. The channels are heavily compressed while the VODs are less compressed. Even the quality could be different.

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
I guess i have to investigate if the 605 have HEVC decoder or not, I would also like to test the 4k movies on VLC on my imac but its probably no point since the screen is only 2560x1440? But it would be good to check the codecs issue.

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
Anyway I'm of to the local yoint now for lunch and a brewsky. I really appreciate that you have pointed me in the right direction of my fault finding with this issue.

Allways a pleasure talking to you, have a very nice day:)

FiyiK

Premium Member
Reseller
Jan 14, 2017
xs4iptv.xdns.pro
Reseller ID
StarScreaM
Anyway I'm of to the local yoint now for lunch and a brewsky. I really appreciate that you have pointed me in the right direction of my fault finding with this issue.

Allways a pleasure talking to you, have a very nice day:)
Thank you mate, just sharing my knowledge. :D

Reactions: Serdar

Alexander R

Aug 10, 2017
I have the same issue with 4K buffering, it works great when i use Netflix or 4K material on Youtube. However 4K VOD IPTV is constantly buffering. I have a ethernet connected 500 mb conection and use Nvidia Shield with IPTV smarters.

WizeTV

Verified Reseller
Reseller
Aug 8, 2018
Reseller ID
WizeTV
I have the same issue with 4K buffering, it works great when i use Netflix or 4K material on Youtube. However 4K VOD IPTV is constantly buffering. I have a ethernet connected 500 mb conection and use Nvidia Shield with IPTV smarters.
Do you use an external player like VLC or the built in player when you watch VOD?
I noticed that iptv Smarters does not handle 4K streaming very well, but since I switched to VLC it works perfectly ;)

Alexander R

Aug 10, 2017
Do you use an external player like VLC or the built in player when you watch VOD?
I noticed that iptv Smarters does not handle 4K streaming very well, but since I switched to VLC it works perfectly ;)
Thanks, i will try to use it with VLC and see if it works better :)