• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

VPN Issues

Kevinpug

Feb 27, 2023
Hi guys,

I can not find anything regarding this anywhere as it seem to work better for everyone else but me.

I started using Proton VPN when I connect to UK server or any for that matter the channels will start to buffer, even SD channels. When however I am not connected to VPN the channels seem to work fine. My internet provider is Vodafone FFTP 500mbps not sure if this has anything to do with them. I wanted to start using VPN for better connection and security but I just don't think I can.

Any suggestions why is this happening as all over internet it's advised to use VPN with IPTV.

Thanks

Reactions: vitshinzo

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hi guys,

I can not find anything regarding this anywhere as it seem to work better for everyone else but me.

I started using Proton VPN when I connect to UK server or any for that matter the channels will start to buffer, even SD channels. When however I am not connected to VPN the channels seem to work fine. My internet provider is Vodafone FFTP 500mbps not sure if this has anything to do with them. I wanted to start using VPN for better connection and security but I just don't think I can.

Any suggestions why is this happening as all over internet it's advised to use VPN with IPTV.

Thanks
Change also your DNS server settings ;)

Reactions: Nonid

Origin

Estreams.eu
Reseller
Jan 16, 2017
estreams.eu
Reseller ID
weescotsman
I hope you have tested other vpn servers and not only just the UK server using proton.
Maybe try denmark or another decent country close to you before you go out and buy another vpn provider.
Your provider should also give you tis on their website to optimise your issues.

Reactions: Nonid

johnnyboy1950

Apr 14, 2023
AFAIK the point of a VPN is to hide where you are. Proton free will give you 3 servers. netherlands USA japan. If things with your IPS are OK you should not be slowed down

Kevinpug

Feb 27, 2023
Thank You all for your replies. Turned out that my iptv provider at a time just didnt work well with vpn. Now I changed iptv provider and I use free version of nordon vpn and so far it worked really well. I am using Netherlands server and it works great. :)

GregerNeger

Nov 2, 2021
Thank You all for your replies. Turned out that my iptv provider at a time just didnt work well with vpn. Now I changed iptv provider and I use free version of nordon vpn and so far it worked really well. I am using Netherlands server and it works great. :)
I've tried with Proton and don't get it to work with IPTV. Does it depend on which reseller you buy from?

GregerNeger

Nov 2, 2021
proton vpn is well known to most ISP's, try other VPN and try around with different vpn countries.
I have no problem with my ISP and IPTV yet but I want to have a solution if/when that day comes. Proton works with everything but my IPTV. The OpenVPN-script from the dashboard works well with IPTV but then no other things on my box works. I prefer a solution that works with everything and Proton is free.