• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Why are some sources (e.g. Eurosport 1 and 2) 50/60 fps in one country but 25/30 in a different country?

Mertzi

Apr 14, 2024
Hi!

I have only been using iptv for 2 years but have wondered why I often can find the same source in a higher framerate if I just switch to the same channel in a different country.
Eurosport is my best example, the Swedish Eurosport 1 & 2 are almost always 25 fps, but then I switch to e.g. Norway or Denmark and it is 50 (not always, just an example). I know that the Swedish Eurosport broadcasts in 50 or 60 because I have used both Eurosport Player and have access to their "legal" iptv broadcasts.

Sky Sports is another example, today I had to watch Sky Sports from Germany to get 60 fps. This also includes when the rights to a specific event are owned by different networks in different countries, which of course use the same source. UEFA Champions League for example, I can never watch that from my local channel because then I get 25 or 30 fps.

Is this just an oversight from "non sport" people within the iptv scene who redistribute the source and re-encodes it to 25 or 30 fps because they want to save bandwidth and they don't watch sports and think that no one cares if it is low framerate?

Reactions: SkiP

SkiP

Aug 1, 2022
I've got the same question. But its not only the fps, I see a lot of FHD or HD in the channel titel but the actual quality is lower.

Mertzi

Apr 14, 2024
I've got the same question. But its not only the fps, I see a lot of FHD or HD in the channel titel but the actual quality is lower.
I haven't noticed that exact issue, but when it says 4k it is never 4k, I haven't seen one single 4k stream ever, at least not through the provider I use.
I think 720p is ok for sports though, if it stands between 1080p@30 or 720p@60 I always chose 720. Watching fast panning or a ball/puck move in 25 or 30 is not fun.