• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Xiaomi mi box S 4K, out of this world Wi-Fi performance.

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
I just have to share this experience. I was out to get a google chrome cast ultra, and the price in Sweden are €80. Went to buy one and the sales guy asked me if I would consider a Xiaomi mi box S 4k instead. Same price as the chrome cast ultra and it includes the chrome cast, are 4k and and have a android 8.1 Oreo on it. I bought it mainly to use as chrome cast but installed perfect player and IPTV extreme pro on it, since there are no Ethernet port on it and my Wi-Fi in the living room are miserable i had no great hopes. The thing is that i had to install a access point in the room for my phone to work at all on Wi-Fi. There are 3 concrete walls between the router and the living room, and the router are a petty d-link 809. I was stoked to see that the mi box showed full signal not on the access point but the router itself and showed 4 on the 5GHz band with i have not shown at all on any devises before. Thinking it must be showing wrong i have now tested it for a couple of days with FHD only and had no problems what so ever with lagging of any sort. I should mention that i put down the screen resolution to 1080p 60Hz and have no complains about the picture quality att all ( not much worse than the formuler z7+ in my opinion). I bought a firetv stick 4k a while back and there are no comparing the 2 devices. The fire stick 4k are absolute shit compared, just to get it working you have to buy a ugreen USB to Ethernet adapter and the picture quality are also really bad. So considering all that I can't think of a better box to bring for example to hotels when abroad. The Wi-Fi reception are magnificent and I for one have not seen anything like it before. So if your in the market for a google chroomecast ultra or looking for a 2:nd box for the guests room, be smart and get this little jewel instead you wont regret it.

Best Regards UnripTV

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019
Reseller ID
droelfmalbumst
thx for sharing experience... In the near future I'm looking for a box specially when I'm abroad at hotels etc. sure will consider the xiaomi

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
This is good enough, TP-link RE205 Wifi-repeater AC750, you might not even need it if you down load and install for example puffin browser on the mi box you can login on the mi box i would think. the above repeater costs about €27 wich is nearly half of the mi box price. I have compaired the wifi reception with ipad, imac, oukitel k10 phone, tvip box 605 and formuler z7+ and none are even close to being half as good when it comes to the wifi performance. buy it its a sure thing and i would go as far as saying its the best box pound for pound no doubt about it in my opinion.

Sverige IPTV

Reseller
Mar 3, 2019
According to a seller of Xiaomi mi box S 4K, the downside with this box is that some apps are blocked and can't be installed, probably due to Android 8.1, unless you root it. Is it true? Can you for example install Popcorn on it?