• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Z8/Smarters/NordVPN/Virgin can load thumbnails and EPG but cant stream any content - am I being blocked?

manicminer

Apr 22, 2023
Hi All,
I have been unable to stream any content Movies, Live, VOD etc for a few weeks now.
Previously streamed OK, with the odd dip in connection, spinner etc but not bad.
Can browse OK but on selection I am getting no content.
Originally had NordVPN running through a Merlin flashed ASUS router, which was streaming fine - until it stopped.
Am now running the Nord app directly on the Z8 and selected Ireland server
Its like the stream is being blocked, which I have heard is becoming more frequent
Using Smarters I get the spinner 'playback error attempt 1 of 5' etc
Also tried MyIPTV app on the Z8 , but that gives similar results but no error, just black screen on attempting to stream
My IPTV reseller has given me a new account to try, but the problem continues with the new account
Im new to this game and at the end of my ideas to solve the problem.
On my third reseller trying to find a good, consistent service
Welcome any advice to getting this working
MTIA

Formuler Z8, Ethernet connection, Virgin Media, NordVPN, Smarters, UK Based

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hi All,
I have been unable to stream any content Movies, Live, VOD etc for a few weeks now.
Previously streamed OK, with the odd dip in connection, spinner etc but not bad.
Can browse OK but on selection I am getting no content.
Originally had NordVPN running through a Merlin flashed ASUS router, which was streaming fine - until it stopped.
Am now running the Nord app directly on the Z8 and selected Ireland server
Its like the stream is being blocked, which I have heard is becoming more frequent
Using Smarters I get the spinner 'playback error attempt 1 of 5' etc
Also tried MyIPTV app on the Z8 , but that gives similar results but no error, just black screen on attempting to stream
My IPTV reseller has given me a new account to try, but the problem continues with the new account
Im new to this game and at the end of my ideas to solve the problem.
On my third reseller trying to find a good, consistent service
Welcome any advice to getting this working
MTIA

Formuler Z8, Ethernet connection, Virgin Media, NordVPN, Smarters, UK Based
Virgin Media, they are good in throttling, try other VPN serversl countries and also other VPN provider cause virgin media set also blocks to major VPNs. And change also DNS server settings.

Reactions: manicminer

manicminer

Apr 22, 2023
Success. I changed resellers!
Using a trial from this forum, I setup a temporary change of iptv service and I can stream straight away.
So either the reseller has a block on their output stream (but that would affect all their clients?) or it was just me.
This will be the 4th reseller I have tried. Hopefully they will prove more reliable