• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Best and Cheapest Android TV Box

sat888

Dec 19, 2016
Hi

I'm looking for the cheapest possible android TV box (android 5.1 or 6.0) that will run well enough with kodi v17 and will update android OTA.

Why cheapest? because some clients are looking for the cheapest workable IPTV solution, Price under 50€/$.

Thank you in advance for your advise!

Bvdpas

Oct 8, 2016
Netherlands
Hi

I'm looking for the cheapest possible android TV box (android 5.1 or 6.0) that will run well enough with kodi v17 and will update android OTA.

Why cheapest? because some clients are looking for the cheapest workable IPTV solution, Price under 50€/$.

T95M box from gearbest.

Starts up in 30 sec (even faster in standby mode!)
Runs Android 5.1
Very fast with Kodi v16 (dont know what the performance is on v17)

Downside is that the box doesnt support 5Ghz internet. (I get around 60mbits with 5 meters distance from router)

Reactions: sat888

Bvdpas

Oct 8, 2016
Netherlands
Hi

T95M box from gearbest.

Runs Android 5.1

Downside is that the box doesnt support 5Ghz internet. (I get around 60mbits with 5 meters distance from router)
Price is around 30/40 euro.

sat888

Dec 19, 2016
Hi

T95M box from gearbest.

Runs Android 5.1

Thanks looks great!

bassit

Dec 1, 2016
United Kindom
Reseller ID
Bassit
I have a t95n 905x and after a firmware update it now works brilliantly, worked like crap though with the supplied firmware (android 6.0), i flashed it with Nexbox a95x firmware (android 6.0.1) and havent looked back since.

I always buy the 2gig ram for that little bit of extra help, it costs around £5 extra for the 2gig.

sat888

Dec 19, 2016
I have a t95n 905x and after a firmware update it now works brilliantly, worked like crap though with the supplied firmware (android 6.0), i flashed it with Nexbox a95x firmware (android 6.0.1) and havent looked back since.

I always buy the 2gig ram for that little bit of extra help, it costs around £5 extra for the 2gig.
Thanks for the tip

IPTVGo

Jan 12, 2017
Reseller ID
IPTVGo
Besides Kodi, you can use "StbEmu"
Its a set top box emulator that emulates MAG boxes and some other.
Works with portals. That technique puts some of the processing on the server instead of the box like loading channels lists for example.

Reactions: bassit

bassit

Dec 1, 2016
United Kindom
Reseller ID
Bassit
Works with portals. That technique puts some of the processing on the server instead of the box like loading channels lists for example.
Rapid says stbemu wont work with rapid iptv.

bassit

Dec 1, 2016
United Kindom
Reseller ID
Bassit
Rapid says stbemu wont work with rapid iptv.
I tried it and it worked fine...
Thanks for your reply..

I had wondered, as you can clearly see in the link above rapid says it wont work, but i see lots on here to say otherwise, ill give it a try, thanks again..

Iptvworldz

Reseller
Jan 28, 2017
Reseller ID
Iptvworldz
Is the 1 ram fast enough or is it beter to buy the 2 ram version?

Rajesh B

Jan 28, 2017
Trongle S3 2G/16G Android TV Box Android 6.0 CPU Amlogic S905X Fully Loaded Add-ons Dual Band WIFI 2.4GHz/5GHz Bluetooth 4.0 Blu Ray 4K Streaming BOX stick streaming media player OTA Update smart TV BOX

Anyone having experience with this? Retailing for around 70 Euros

alibabatv

Jan 13, 2017
Model: X92
CPU: Amlogic S912,Cortex A53
RAM: 3GB
ROM: 16GB
Dual WiFi 10/100/1000 Lan
Maximum External Hard Drives Capacity: 1TB

Flash it with the latest formware(no Test version) >>> https://cloud.mail.ru/public/GmhU/ioJ3srN8H ..
instruction and a very good support for this firmware and box you find on
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=773971 (If you cant speak russian use google translate)

on gearbest its cost 73€ .
On Ebay germany 76€.

BrokenChaos

Feb 4, 2017
Global Supplier
tvinthailand.com
Reseller ID
TVinThailand
I sell STB's and I customize them all before I ship them...
If you dont mind getting your hands dirty, then you can get into the guts of the system and remove some of the preinstalled junk (via the system files and not just an uninstall), that the manufacturers load, so if a reset is done, it will only load what you have designated.

I have tested 1 and 2 Gb models and all run fine, with the larger ram being slightly more efficient with page switching.

But if its a budget system your client needs, then they will all perform, with the cheaper ones being "adequate" and the performance of the STB's getting better as the price goes higher.

Even though 2 boxes may run the same specs on paper, its the configuration of those specs and the components used that make 1 box superior over the other, such as some chips being made in Japan are way superior to the same chip spec made in China.

So dont forget to inform them, when you present your suggestion of which box to use :)
And keep your customers informed and happy!

BrokenChaos

Feb 4, 2017
Global Supplier
tvinthailand.com
Reseller ID
TVinThailand
I should add....
I have also tested a 1 Gb STB on the expensive side which is far superior to a cheap 2 Gb unit
I also think (you may need to verify it), that some software including KODI Krypton have a minimum OS spec, so make sure you match the right software :)