• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Best device for IPTV

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
What is the best device to watch IPTV?
I know it is a hard and maybe stupid question.

Today I use a Formuler Z7+ which have been nothing but trouble since I got it about a year ago, I bought this one as i was hoping that is was good as the price was about 180usd here I Sweden. And what I understand this is a device that trouble many people.
The remote is pure rubbish, the cheapest China remote have better quality.
Only megabit Ethernet.
Only 2.4ghz wifi.
Terrible buffering problem.
Overscan.
Motion Picture problem.
Standby bugs.

I do like the layout of "mytvonline" as it looks as a standard stb and the channel swapping is quite fast, but that's about it

I'm in the market for a new box with good value, that have none of the problem that Formuler has.

Fletch

Oct 26, 2016
Sweden
My two main units are Nvidia shield and RPI3 with optical sound card. I have helped friends with different types of china boxes och smart tvs and my favorites are nVidia shield and Mi box with the stbemu app. But you can download other apps because it is android.
They are fast, good boxes in different price levels. Mi box only has wifi but can get ethernet via usb.
The Mi box only costs 890kr and nVidia shield 1890kr.

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
I was recommended Nvidia Shield by na other too, but I feel that it is a bit to expensive. The mi box unfortunately got really bad reviews Tom's guide, complained on the remote, picture, sound, resolution and fps. Got any other hot tip?

Jan 7, 2019
Reseller ID
droelfmalbumst
My experience is that with the SMART IPTV App it works fantastic for me and most of clients. Of course therefore Samsung or LG Smart TV are necessary.

I had MAG254 before and I was unhappy. I had a lot of freezing and it didn't work properly. But to be honest it was not rapid source there. It was another one that I had before... maybe the problem was the source...

Didn't try any other boxes. As long as Smart IPTV App works fine I will not go for a box. Just for once reason: I don't want an additional box catching dust *g*

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
At the moment I'm stuck with a box, as my TV is unsmart. And to be honest it's much cheaper to buy a new box than replacing a fully functional TV. :cool:

Reactions: droelfmalbumst

Fletch

Oct 26, 2016
Sweden
I would not buy an apple product as my experience has only been negative with them. I guess you get a little what you pay for. nVidia is fantastic but expensive Mi box cheaper and maybe not as good.
I have set up two u2c z turbo boxes that have been ok for iptv and film in 1080p. I have no 4k TV / projector so I didn't test it. They cost a little over 600 SEK from China.
But if I buy a cheap box it would be the Mi box or an RPI 3 but then you have to run kodi.

WizeTV

Verified Reseller
Reseller
Aug 8, 2018
Reseller ID
WizeTV
Nvidia shield is expensive yes but nothing, absolutely nothing, is close to the speed of that thing! It's a beast ;)
Invest in one (Iook out for a used box, you could save a lot) you'll never look back.

My friend and I use Shield with ethernet cable and zapping through FHD channels, skipping forward in 4K VOD etc is ridiculously fast!! :D

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
I don't like Kodi at all for some reason, just a thing like they don't allow copy+paste :rolleyes:. But i have only used it on my Formuler and on that it is not a smooth experience, lagging menus and channel switching. But that may be just Formulers fault.

I have now looked at the U2C Z - TURBO, and by looking at the specs and reviews it looks quite good, More powerful than the Z7+ at least.

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
Nvidia shield is expensive yes but nothing, absolutely nothing, is close to the speed of that thing! It's a beast ;)
Invest in one (Iook out for a used box, you could save a lot) you'll never look back.

My friend and I use Shield with ethernet cable and zapping through FHD channels, skipping forward in 4K VOD etc is ridiculously fast!! :D
With Nvidia shield i'm stuck with Kodi right?

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
No luck in finding used Nvidia shields here in Sweden tho, Don't know if it is the price or that there is only one re seller who is allowed to sell them that is the problem. Found one 2 years old Pro for 1900kr (209.69usd)

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
No, I'm using stbemu and iptv app and kodi.
But you can have several others like gse, iptv extreme and others.
Tried GSE, IPTV Extreme among others on my Formuler, and that was terrible. But again that may be because of a shitty device. lol

Fletch

Oct 26, 2016
Sweden
Kodi is a great player if you download movies in scene releases. It allows you to stream .rar archives over the network without unpacking. And with the kore remote app on the phone it's great.

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
Well I only use the TV to watch TV, so apps or how it reads downloaded files are not that important. And the whole family uses it, from 6 to 40 years old, so it also need to be simple enough for everyone to use, without troubling me when they need to do anything.:D that is the only thing that is good with the Formuler, the remote and IPTV app does look like an open box/TV is so there is no confusion.:)

But I will certainly have an eye out for Shield, as I have heard many good stuff about it. Too bad there is only one reseller that Nvidia allows to sell the Shield.:rolleyes:

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
How about TVIP s-box 605? I can get one of those for about 900kr which is about 96usd

injeckt

Feb 12, 2019
For me, the best is Nvidia Shield TV. Not only for the extra functions with gamestream or geforce now, but also for the power of the device. While with other devices such as the Xiaomi Mi Box TV, sometimes when playing certain movies in 4K this one resented, with Shield I have never had any problems. Neither in local content nor in IPTV.

Suttung

Mar 22, 2018
The remote for Shield does not really appealing to me. I want all the buttons that a normal remote have. Same with the mi box, the main problem with the remotes for these is that the rest of my family 3-12 years old and the wife is not that tech savvy. So they need a simple remote.

injeckt

Feb 12, 2019
The remote for Shield does not really appealing to me. I want all the buttons that a normal remote have. Same with the mi box, the main problem with the remotes for these is that the rest of my family 3-12 years old and the wife is not that tech savvy. So they need a simple remote.
The Shield has USB ports, I bought a controller similar to this one:

I connected the USB receiver to the Shield and with it I have all the buttons you can need and also acts as an air mouse.

And I still can use the original Shield remote.