• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Catchup, Time Shift, and Recording/download options

Teve Support

Jul 3, 2018
Reseller ID
MyTeve
hi guys

I would love if you could offer a lot more Catchup channels both on Mag boxes but also for Android boxes. The service we used before had a huge Catchup setup with 100s of channels from UK and Scandinavia. It would be very interesting if you could offer the same.

What was also possible was to use TimeShift option to pause a live program, rewind or fast forward up to live signal.

And last but not least, it would be great if you could offer recording/download options, either only on Catchup enabled channels or also on channels without Catchup.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Includes08

May 5, 2018
You know what would already mag me happy? **Plugs USB into MAG** local timeshift and recording works :D. But yet this isn't a thing, i understand it will take some/alot of space in the clouds, but atleast allow us local without trouble that would be a beginning of a dream <3

Reactions: Teve Support

Teve Support

Jul 3, 2018
Reseller ID
MyTeve
absolutely a good idea. That was actually what I meant with Download option in my first post but great to hear that we are more that have the same wish for this feature. :)

Includes08

May 5, 2018
absolutely a good idea. That was actually what I meant with Download option in my first post but great to hear that we are more that have the same wish for this feature. :)
No worries there a way more people then just you and me i've talked with 2 other resellers about it as well, lets hope it becomes a feature :)

Mohamab

Jun 2, 2018
I also want Catchup specially for scandinavian channels. There was something about catchup on important channels but I have not found any catchup for any channels. Could someone tell me why I cant find catchup and which channels that has it?

And when could we expect catchup on most channels?

Teve Support

Jul 3, 2018
Reseller ID
MyTeve
I also want Catchup specially for scandinavian channels. There was something about catchup on important channels but I have not found any catchup for any channels. Could someone tell me why I cant find catchup and which channels that has it?

I can only find approx. 20 UK channels with Catchup and that is it.

There is definitely a customer request for this feature to be exapanded.

Mohamab

Jun 2, 2018

Watching Live TV is just one part of todays TV entertainment and for me Catchup and timeshift is what I use the most when I first watch TV which I don’t do often. I don’t really understand why there is almost no timeshift and I hope we soon have it in IPTV Community.

Has there been any talk about timeshift on most channels?

Mohamab

Jun 2, 2018

Watching Live TV is just one part of todays TV entertainment and for me Catchup and timeshift is what I use the most when I first watch TV which I don’t do often. I don’t really understand why there is almost no timeshift and I hope we soon have it in IPTV Community.

Has there been any talk about timeshift on most channels?
I meant

I don’t really understand why there is almost no Catchup and I hope we soon have it in IPTV Community.

Has there been any talk about Catchup on most channels?

FreddyK

Jan 7, 2017
Timeshift and Recording works if you use something like TVheadend.
Linux boxes with Enigma2 also supports that.

Dreamshare

May 21, 2016
Netherlands
Reseller ID
Dreamshare
Catchup on more than 100 channels costs at least 2 x 30GB storage servers they are very expensive...every month.

Dreamshare

May 21, 2016
Netherlands
Reseller ID
Dreamshare
So what are you saying?
That if you want catch up the costs are expensive...so if you provide cheap IPTV then the costs are to high.
There are providers that give catch up on several country's for 3 days if you are willing to pay for that then it's ok....but when you only want to make money you better don't invest in catch up..

Alag

Apr 1, 2018
That if you want catch up the costs are expensive...so if you provide cheap IPTV then the costs are to high.
There are providers that give catch up on several country's for 3 days if you are willing to pay for that then it's ok....but when you only want to make money you better don't invest in catch up..
I agree to disagree. There are at least a dozen suppliers offering 12 month service for under eur70 per year. I can’t imagine it to be that expensive if multiple people offering the same!

Jan 7, 2019
Reseller ID
droelfmalbumst
good servers are VERY expensive.... the problem is that YOU! and tons of other users just want to have cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap....

sorry but you cannot expect to have EVERYTHING and not pay for it! if people tell me that 150€ or even 200€ per year are expensive, but they get nearly EVERY channel on earth i just tell them one thing: just don't watch TV. Listen to radio or just search for social life.... it makes me really angry... 70€ per year... unbelivable

you as user think that people offering IPTV do it just for fun... NO they do it to make money as in every business...just that this business is not legal...
get that in your heads :)

Alag

Apr 1, 2018
I am not going to argue but the cost has come down rapidly. If you look at NetTV Nepal, they offer IPTV @ £40 / year (Legal). I agree not all the channels in the world though!

good servers are VERY expensive.... the problem is that YOU! and tons of other users just want to have cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap....

sorry but you cannot expect to have EVERYTHING and not pay for it! if people tell me that 150€ or even 200€ per year are expensive, but they get nearly EVERY channel on earth i just tell them one thing: just don't watch TV. Listen to radio or just search for social life.... it makes me really angry... 70€ per year... unbelivable

you as user think that people offering IPTV do it just for fun... NO they do it to make money as in every business...just that this business is not legal...
get that in your heads :)

Chronictown312

Mar 22, 2019
I can't discuss costs and revenues as I don't really know. I believe they are high. The point is I know at least 7 or 8 IPTV providers (I admit mostly of them just offer channels from 7 or 8 countries but it's ok, who cares about afghanistan channels or else!) who offers iptv with chatch up for 3 days under 80€ per year. How can they do it? Perhaps you could add that feature as a buying option or reduce the number of channels; most of us is only interesed in his own country channels and 3 or 4 countries more. I respect but not interested in Ukrainian channels or Indian Countries! My last iptv provider was a portuguese one. They only offered 7 or 8 countries (western european countries) but most channels with 3 days catch up and reasonable VOD catalog. The point is that I want to subscribe a non portugal based iptv provider so it would be great you support catch up.

Reactions: Sandrito